Is idling bad?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thrashx

Reaction score
I'm the personal Uber to my daughter and I realize I spend a lot of time idling. Here in TX it gets hot and often I'm idling with the AC running for extended periods of time. I'm wondering if I should consider any upgrades to ensure reliability of my Raptor?

dsg2003mach1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the e-fans on these trucks are pretty bad ***, as long as they're working ok I dont see an issue. When you're not moving there really isn't much else you can do as the fans are your only source of air flow through the cooling system.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The raptor seems quite fine idling in hot weather. At least mine is but I have an170 degree thermostat.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
the e-fans on these trucks are pretty bad ***, as long as they're working ok I dont see an issue. When you're not moving there really isn't much else you can do as the fans are your only source of air flow through the cooling system.
The electric fans on Raptors are upgraded over standard F-150 as well, they are dual 700W brushless motors.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The electric fans on Raptors are upgraded over standard F-150 as well, they are dual 700W brushless motors.
What I notice is that if I'm on the highway with a load on the engine at high temps, the truck will actually cool down if I come to a stop and idle.