Is everybody's Home-link reception/reach really bad?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm finding that often I have to get almost "bump the door close" to get it to work. Is that what you guys are finding also? Sometimes I even need to pivot the visor down. I did a search and nothing came up. It works fine with my regular remotes, I can open it up about 150 feet away.

WH7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, within 100 feet or so in the Raptor. My 16 F250 worked from way down the street.

TravisHTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2012 Platinum - 75 ft from door
2015 Lariat - 10 ft from door
2019 Raptor - 75 ft from door

I kept telling myself to take the 2015 in to get that fixed, but was waiting for something else to pop up for warranty work, but never happened. I had to do the whole flip the visor down, open a door shenanigans like you mentioned as well. I vaguely remember seeing something a long time ago on the F150 forum about crappy homelink range, but it's been too long, and had too many beers since for me to remember what was said.

If you haven't already, maybe try resetting the homelink frequencies on the garage opener, re-program the handheld remote, then re-program the truck remote. Not sure if that will help, but if you are looking for things to try, might be worth a shot.

V6Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup... mine works consistently around 25-30ft. Some days, less than that. On the other hand, Dodge I had before worked at least 50+ ft. every time. Never missed a click.

I’ve looked into this issue before and there seems to be some correlation between poor reception with Ford’s Homelink and Genie brand garage openers. Can anyone attest to that?

Last edited:

TravisHTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup... mine works consistently around 25-30ft. Some days, less than that. On the other hand, Dodge I had before worked at least 50+ ft. every time. Never missed a click.

I’ve looked into this issue before and there seems to be some correlation between poor reception with Ford’s Homelink and Genie brand garage openers. Can anyone attest to that?

Mine are Chamberlain. I bought that 2015 the same day I moved into my current house.

JLargo

Reaction score
Mine has a mind of its own. It is crazy, first thing in the morning it does not want to work, but any other time during the day it works fine. I do have to be right up on the garage for it to work though. I have researched it and can not find any reason for it not to work first thing morning. I have read where LED lights can interfere, but this does not appear to be the case. Drives me crazy!

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
works like a charm....300 yards maybe?

Do you have any LED lights near your garage door opener? LED light kill RF and can make things like garage door openers not work.

10SpdsOfFury

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2012 Platinum - 75 ft from door
2015 Lariat - 10 ft from door
2019 Raptor - 75 ft from door

I kept telling myself to take the 2015 in to get that fixed, but was waiting for something else to pop up for warranty work, but never happened. I had to do the whole flip the visor down, open a door shenanigans like you mentioned as well. I vaguely remember seeing something a long time ago on the F150 forum about crappy homelink range, but it's been too long, and had too many beers since for me to remember what was said.

If you haven't already, maybe try resetting the homelink frequencies on the garage opener, re-program the handheld remote, then re-program the truck remote. Not sure if that will help, but if you are looking for things to try, might be worth a shot.

Same here.

2013 Platinum 75ft

2015 Platinum 10ft

2019 Raptor 75ft.