Is everybody's Home-link reception/reach really bad?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blackbird18

Reaction score
I back in my driveway with my bumper between 5 and 15 feet of the door. I have about a 50% success rate opening the door. Closing the door has a much higher success rate. Maybe 85%.

Its annoying as hell.

91Eunos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same here ... We can open the door from at least one house down with the home link in my wife’s Jeep, but have to be completely in the driveway facing the door with my truck.

This is a pain because I back in on my side to get both vehicles to fit with enough space between them to open the driver-side doors a reasonable amount. I used to pull in, get the door to open, then back out and turn around to back into the garage.

I just keep a spare garage door opener in the truck now and use that instead of the home link.

MattR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is around 25ft. I have to almost bump the door with my front. My fiancé's Lexus is around 300ft from the same opener.

Better than no Homelink I guess.

tahoeacr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine opened from 60 yards away today. That's the corner to my street so I can't try any farther than that. Ranged it with my Leupold. Wife says she hits it at the corner all the time.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine works fine once I removed the LED lights from from Garage Door Opener... :cool:

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, mine works great as well. Do not know why you all are debating this.