Is 19 worth $2,540 more than 18

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

757Nomad

Reaction score
I would say if you are going sicker for sticker, it may be worth it considering the new active valve fox shocks and Recaros are worth the extra money. If you factor in negotiation room on dealer stock 18's the equation gets a lot wider than $2.5k. That difference alone had me buy a loaded '18 802A over ordering a '19. It was simple wallet economics for me and I did not have to wait for an order to be built and delivered.

Skipdaddie

Reaction score
A 2019 is definitely worth $2,500 more based on improved shocks, nicer wheels, and a year new for resale value.

smoothdocta

Reaction score
It’s all situational, I tried to get a deal on a 18 but all my local dealers had mark up, had 1 local dealer offer to order my 19 at MSRP so went with that. If I could have gotten a great deal on a 18 woulda went with that, got a better deal on a 19 went with that. I didn’t need the 19 for the shocks, just was the better deal. I say if you could get a couple of grand off the 18 I would go 18.

SD1290

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed, I think you could easily double or more that price delta if you search for. 2018 . There are several out there and dealers will deal on them so it should be more like a $5k plus difference

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doesn’t sound like both trucks are equipped similar to me as there is a $2K+ difference in msrp from 18 to 19 and I agree with the others should be a larger spread closer to $5k. Dealer should have a discount on the 18.

Less than $3k doesn’t make sense and if you don’t modify your vehicles it’s a no brainer to get the 19.

Street queen won’t make much difference in the shock dept.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

SSWIM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would have gone 2019 if they had it in Leadfoot. They don't, so henceforth a 2018 is in my stable. The new features, plus shocks are a nice IMO. So my answer would be yes, it is worth the increase in cost.

Sam

SSWIM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes really .. it is a simple concept a new car is worth more than an older car.

Please explain why I am wrong? You can't because your goal in life is to be an ass. Why are you even on this forum? You don't own a Raptor yet you are here acting like you know it all. POS

Not even worth wasting your time. Yea, I have been guilty of "taking the bait". Hard not to. Just have to realize there is no rational.

Sam

Eli Caraveli

Reaction score
I replaced my 18 (didn't lose money btw) for a 19 for 2 reasons:
1. I go off roading a lot, and I dig the new shocks. People paid thousands of dollars to install them on the 18's in the past.
Also on that note, I canceled the moonroof, since it's not the best thing to have when flexing off road.
2. When I drive in traffic, that STOP and GO addaptive cruise control feature, that no one cares to mention on the new 19's, is a BIG improvement for me.

SD1290

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced my 18 (didn't lose money btw) for a 19 for 2 reasons:
1. I go off roading a lot, and I dig the new shocks. People paid thousands of dollars to install them on the 18's in the past.
Also on that note, I canceled the moonroof, since it's not the best thing to have when flexing off road.
2. When I drive in traffic, that STOP and GO addaptive cruise control feature, that no one cares to mention on the new 19's, is a BIG improvement for me.

What kind of trade deal did they give you on the 2018? If you don’t mind sharing

Eli Caraveli

Reaction score
SD,
It was a lemon due to brake light issue.
They couldn't fix it and wanted to replace it with another 18.
I took the money and ordered a 19.
Could've gotten another 18 but the upgrades were worth waiting for me.