IOS 8.4 & Sync = No Bueno

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Plan B

Plan B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Plan B,

Thanks for the update! Can you try a master reset: Perform Master Factory Reset on Ford SYNC | SYNC Help | Official Ford Owner Site If it continues after the reset, PM your full name, VIN, best contact number, and email address. I'll submit this as a research.

Shaay

Hi Shaay,

Bad link, no longer available. I need to read up on the Master Reset. Have a Trip set for oil change intervals, radio and satellite stations programmed, etc. I imagine it resets EVERYTHING?

FordIVTteam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Shaay,

Bad link, no longer available. I need to read up on the Master Reset. Have a Trip set for oil change intervals, radio and satellite stations programmed, etc. I imagine it resets EVERYTHING?

Plan B,

A master reset will erase all information stored in SYNC (phone book, call history, text message information, previously paired phones, saved address points, and navigation history) and return to factory default settings. Because you are unable to view the instructions on the site, follow the directions below:

1. Press the Phone Button. You will either see PHONE MENU then PHONE REDIAL or CONNECTING.
1a. If you see CONNECTING, scroll to RETURN and press OK.
1b. If you see PHONE MENU then PHONE REDIAL, scroll to SYSTEM SETTINGS and press OK.
2. Scroll to ADVANCED and press OK.
3. Scroll to MASTER RESET and press OK.
4. SYNC will ask you to confirm the reset. Press OK to confirm. The radio display will read, ALL RESET.

Note: To scroll, press SEEK or the up and down buttons. Make sure your vehicle is running and in park.

Shaay

Aaron313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2010 and I've never had a problem with sync. Used it today and I'm currently running the iOS9 beta

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FordIVTteam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2010 and I've never had a problem with sync. Used it today and I'm currently running the iOS9 beta

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Aaron313,

Glad you're having a great experience! Thanks for sharing. :)

My sync worked flawlessly on my 2010 until I did the recent update. It now defaults to line in each time I start it. Big bummer.

Conejoracer,

Have you tried a master reset after the update? If not, I suggest following the instructions I provided above.

Let me know how it goes.

Shaay

OP
OP
Plan B

Plan B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Master Reset worked for a couple days, now it's just back to what it was doing... Defaulting to Line In, No Autoplay, couldn't even get AUX to register at all yesterday, had to turn the truck off then back on.

Anyway the USB port could just work like the Line In port? Meaning no fancy Sync stuff, just play and charge the device? I have no issue using the phone as the interface, at least that way it works the way I'd like it to...

FordIVTteam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Master Reset worked for a couple days, now it's just back to what it was doing... Defaulting to Line In, No Autoplay, couldn't even get AUX to register at all yesterday, had to turn the truck off then back on.

Anyway the USB port could just work like the Line In port? Meaning no fancy Sync stuff, just play and charge the device? I have no issue using the phone as the interface, at least that way it works the way I'd like it to...

Plan B,

When you connect via USB, SYNC immediately index the music to build speech commands. It does not work like the AUX/Line In. Please PM your full name, best contact number, email address, VIN, and mileage. I'll get this concern escalated.

No luck following the methods described.

Conejoracer,

Can you provide the same information I listed above in a PM? I'll submit this for you as well.

Shaay

OP
OP
Plan B

Plan B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Plan B,

When you connect via USB, SYNC immediately index the music to build speech commands. It does not work like the AUX/Line In. Please PM your full name, best contact number, email address, VIN, and mileage. I'll get this concern escalated.

Shaay

It does that even if it specifically tells me that Speech Commands are not available for my device due to the number of files on the device? Which is also funny because I hooked up a brand new phone yesterday that didn't have anything on it and got the same message...