IOS 8.4 & Sync = No Bueno

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Plan B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't update to IOS 8.4 if you still wish to use Sync... It worked half of yesterday but now just freezes. A Google search confirmed widespread issues w/ non-nav, older Sync (2012 in my case). Owner.Ford.Com shows I'm up to date with Sync software. Maybe Crystal will see this thread and magically fix it!

Fix that is working so far: I ran the Sync my iTunes on my files. There were approx. 1600 files it fixed, which is odd since before the update everything worked fine. Next step was to sync phone to iTunes, which did nothing since I had iTunes Match on. Turned that off, which deleted all music off of my phone. Then manually selected songs to sync to phone that had been cleansed w/ Sync my iTunes. Seems to be working just fine now, but lost iTunes match in the process, which may of been the problem. With Match your phone downloads everything from the Cloud, which doesn't get the Sync My iTunes treatment. So far haven't missed anything about Match, and Apple Music still appears to work without it, you just can't download any Apple Music songs for play offline.

With all that said, instead of creating Sync My iTunes they should code Sync to not fail on missing fields. That way everything you download directly to the phone, which is the way the market is now, can be used. Doesn't exactly give me much hope in the development of the Sync software... At some point I'm just going to have to buy a new Raptor to listen to music on my phone!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 12951

I updated as it fixes the text message bug. What Sync version in what year Truck? I have a 2014 and have no issues since the update.

OP
OP
Plan B

Plan B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I updated as it fixes the text message bug. What Sync version in what year Truck? I have a 2014 and have no issues since the update.

2012, and my ford or whatever the website is says I have the latest and greatest version of Sync (Sync V4.4 and Gen1 - 4.2.1.4). Don't use Sync for texting, wasn't aware there was an issue...

Taxman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No issues here. I have a 2014, but I didn't upgrade to the latest Sync. I have the previous version. I didn't need Australia maps and didn't care for the time to destination change, so I never upgraded to the new Sync.

cups

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didn't think of sync issue before I updated. But I have no issue with my 2011 non-nav sync. Yet.

OP
OP
Plan B

Plan B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you guys using the Apple Music ish that was released with IOS 8.4?

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Updated my IPhone. 2014 w/ Nav&Sync. No issues with phone calls or music through Bluetooth or USB. (Hate the music format, though)

Just my $.02.......

OP
OP
Plan B

Plan B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No. BT or USB.

USB. Prefer the sound strength/quality and the charging. Looks like the NAV guys don't have issues, appears to be the older non-NAV sync units. I'm in the process of using the SYNC My iTunes application to see if that makes a difference.