Interior cameras?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To add to Venerous: The interior sensors sense movement inside the truck. If someone reached into your truck if you left the window down, the alarm goes off. Those of us that travel around with dogs are VERY aware of this sensor and wish we could have it default to perimeter sensing all the time. Can’t count how many times I’ve had to walk back to my truck to correct this when I have my dogs with me.

Wait, you allow your dogs in your truck? WT? You mean the bed, that has a Line-X coating under a bedrug, under a rubber bed mat and covered by a plastic drop cloth....correct?

IDontDoUrban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They're sensors for the interior motion detection. When you shut your truck off, it gives you two options something like "perimeter only" or "all sensors"... they are the ones for the inside. Hope this helps.

7:30 mark:

Thanks for this...now I know why our golden retriever sets off the alarm when we run into the store. I am not embarrassed to admit this.

Troutrad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wait, you allow your dogs in your truck? WT? You mean the bed, that has a Line-X coating under a bedrug, under a rubber bed mat and covered by a plastic drop cloth....correct?

I’ve got a hermetically sealed dog bed cover in the back seat with filtered air going in so they can breath but the exhaust to the dog bed/pouch is routed into the outside air so the dogs never come in contact with the actual Raptor.

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve got a hermetically sealed dog bed cover in the back seat with filtered air going in so they can breath but the exhaust to the dog bed/pouch is routed into the outside air so the dogs never come in contact with the actual Raptor.

With the dog suspended above the bed I take it.

Troutrad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi doc

When I turn off my car - it prompts me to select either enhanced or basic security.

I know I can select one of the options permanently and turn off the prompt every time I turn off the car - but maybe the basic is perimeter only?

There is a setting in mine the enables me to select a default perimeter only or motion. And another setting that asks if I want to be prompted each time or for it just to do it.

I have mine set for motion and prompt. If I don't select the prompt, it sets as motion. If, on prompt, I select perimeter, that is what it does for that time only.

I learned the hard way the first night I had the truck that motion doesn't mean vibration or bump detection. It means that something is moving inside - glass breaking, hand reaching into the window or sunroof etc. In my case, it was a small moth that had flown into the cracked open window. It was hard to figure out actually. (at 3am).

There is an optional additional bump sensor that detects a bump/vibration. The 'motion sensor' picks up moths and pitching and yawing only - as in the vehicle is being towed. I might get the bump sensor, but feel the truck should have had it from stock then be able to configure for light or heavy vibration needed or turn it off altogether.

Thanks guys! Didn’t know I could set it to default to perimeter sensing... That’s gonna save me a lot of hassle!