Intelligent Access Door Handle Inop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2F150

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Solved - Replaced OEM battery, it was showing 65% health. IA passenger side working immediately and since. 2018 30k miles, 3 trips to stealer, replaced BCM under warranty.

Tibi Steri

Reaction score
Solved - Replaced OEM battery, it was showing 65% health. IA passenger side working immediately and since. 2018 30k miles, 3 trips to stealer, replaced BCM under warranty.
Yes, the fix for my truck was just changing the battery, so far no BCM replacement. Now I keep an eye on SOC using Forscan on my cellphone... Seeing how the charging system works with the new battery I realized that the old battery had issues since the day 1. Two months after I purchased the truck I also purchased a 3 way "smart" cigarette lighter splitter that I configured to cut the power for whatever is plugged in when the power dives under 13.5V... That actually worked perfectly with the old battery but little I knew at the time that it should've not work if the battery was good. With the new battery, the battery charging system cuts of charging as soon as SOC gets close to 80% and the cigarette splitter turns on and off multiple times during the drive... I had to disable the "smart" switch feature to make the splitter to constantly stay on while driving. As of now, if the truck gets driven multiple times a week the SOC will be maintained at 80% and the charging system will trickle charge it for most of the time (unless the BMS decides to do a Battery Refresh)... When the battery was brand new and SOC was over 90% the charging system actually allowed the battery to get drained to 80%...

LeCreaux

Reaction score
I had this same problem, fixed it with a new battery. Apparently the system goes into some kind of power-save mode when the battery is weak.

I've been having the sound coming from the dash off and on for weeks. Sometimes I've gotten a message in the mornings that all power was turned off to "save battery power". Then yestereday the passenger door stopped locking or unlocking with the touch sensor. I just guessed at the battery since the signs were there.

I was next to an AutoZone when the passenger lock stopped working, so I just pulled in and got it tested. Sure enough, bad battery. $200 and a few minutes later all was back to normal.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
This is the Battery Management System. I’ve incurred the wrath of BMS by listening to tunes while washing and waxing the Raptor; renders the passenger door handle sensor inoperative and suppresses auto-stop/start for about 30 minutes after a 3 hour wash/wax.

Chris Mies

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just had this same issue. My truck set dormant for a month after an accident so I'm hoping the charge state of the battery will improve after use.

Xtinct

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same issue. The passenger side door handle would not lock or unlock from the outside of the truck but I'm guessing it was a low battery since it was sitting for some time. Also when it's low and sometimes randomly there is a clicking and clanking noise from the engine compartment. It sounds like a relay and something turning off and on which has been happening every 25 seconds for a few minutes what is that does anyone know?

Tibi Steri

Reaction score
I had the same issue. The passenger side door handle would not lock or unlock from the outside of the truck but I'm guessing it was a low battery since it was sitting for some time. Also when it's low and sometimes randomly there is a clicking and clanking noise from the engine compartment. It sounds like a relay and something turning off and on which has been happening every 25 seconds for a few minutes what is that does anyone know?
just make sure that you get the battery to a normal charge fast… AGM batteries don’t like being low for an extended period. If the battery will no longer hold charge may be time for a new one. I was told in service that you can run into all sorts of troubles if the battery has a really low charge so… what you experience may not be that strange. Since I replaced the battery I no longer had trouble with the door handle on the passenger side.

Reaction score
just make sure that you get the battery to a normal charge fast… AGM batteries don’t like being low for an extended period. If the battery will no longer hold charge may be time for a new one. I was told in service that you can run into all sorts of troubles if the battery has a really low charge so… what you experience may not be that strange. Since I replaced the battery I no longer had trouble with the door handle on the passenger side.

Im having issues with the drivers door handle intelligent access not working. Passenger door and tailgate both work just fine. Will try putting it on charger and see how that works. Good thing I found this thread. I was not able to find anything regarding "Locks" in the touchscreen settings.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It happens when the battery is low. The BCM starts prioritizing. Passenger access is one of the first to go.