Installing 40 inch nitto tires ( re gearing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BlueGoliath96

BlueGoliath96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alrighty [emoji1303][emoji1689], is there any other weak spots I have to replace like purchasing also aftermarket drive shafts ? Any suspension upgrades to accommodate these heavy tires ? bd007ef83e7381bbdd5fb5ef97d887ac.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's just a matter of how much you want to spend ;) I'm not sure what the next weakest link is but you'll probably find it lol! I'd be more concerned about axle shafts than the driveline itself, although that certainly wouldn't be a bad idea. Depends on how hard you're going to run it and how much hp is pushing the trans, xfer case, etc., it's anybody's guess unless you can find someone that's already done it. Good luck!!!

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yea both 4.88 , front 8.8 and 9.75 is that called the master kit ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What you should really do is reach out to Rick (or Chris) at Freedom Motorsports. They will get you set up with the correct gears and install kits for front and rear and they can get them to you for much better prices. That's where I got my 4.56s from.

[email protected]

[email protected]

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Alrighty [emoji1303][emoji1689], is there any other weak spots I have to replace like purchasing also aftermarket drive shafts ? Any suspension upgrades to accommodate these heavy tires ?

I'm sure that driveshaft is fine but I'm partial to the Dynotech. Mine has performed absolutely flawlessly (even at 575 RWHP with heavy tires), and it even survived a really nasty hit caused by a bozo moment from yours truly. I have so much confidence in it I had it repaired instead of replacing it.

Unclear to me if a driveshaft is absolutely necessary, though. I only did mine because of the Whipple (and because I no longer have a speed limiter). I don't really do any ludicrous speeds in the truck but every once in a while it's fun to let it stretch the legs a bit.

What's your suspension set up currently?

What about brakes? That's important.