Recommended tires for 2012 Gen1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oldraptor 1

Reaction score
Hello All,

Need to get some new tires for my 2012 Gen 1. What's recommended? Use mostly highway, but some off-road as well. What do you recommend?

IamNomad

Reaction score
I have BFG All Terain KO2's on both my 23 Raptor and my 15 Jeep Rubicon. There are other very good tires out there but these have always been the standard others aim to equal or surpass.

Edit: There may be a replacement for the KO2 coming soon in the KO3.

03Cobraraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t stray from BFG all terrain KO except when I went to the KO2s
Superb tire and have never let me down

StangGT5

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had BFG KO2s in 35x12.5 R20 on my Gen 1. They rode fine for 20s. I used to hear KO2s were hard to balance because their side cleats were so aggressive, but I ran them on a few Jeeps and never had a problem. I run BFG KM2s and now KM3s on two Range Rovers and like them a lot. The KM3s are quiet for an aggressive tire.

However, on vehicles I know I will spend most of their time on the street I absolutely love General Grabber ATXs. I have 35x12.5 R17s on my Gen 1 now, along with 32s on a LR4, 32s on a Hemi WK, 35s on a 5.9 ZJ, and 33s on a 4.0 XJ. These all spend a lot of time on mixed sand/asphalt (the Jeeps are all rally racers and the LR4 is a DD/beach machine). General is owned by Continental I am pretty sure. They tend to be a little cheaper than BFGs too, which is a plus.