GEN 2 Installed the BakFlip MX4 this morning (pics)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Msisle

Reaction score
yes, it will no problem. The liner really doesn't change the bed in any great dimension. BTW, I have the factory bedliner and a MX4 cover installed.

Tim

Hi, I've acutally the same question but with the drop-in bedliner. Here in Dubai all raptors come with the drop-in bedliner ...
I guess some trimming will be required ?

The mx4 looks very nice, still hesitating between this one and the G2. It's hard to understand the difference without seeing both of them ...

87LX

Reaction score
Hi, I've acutally the same question but with the drop-in bedliner. Here in Dubai all raptors come with the drop-in bedliner ...

The mx4 looks very nice, still hesitating between this one and the G2. It's hard to understand the difference without seeing both of them ...

G2 you need to open the rear most section of the cover to close the tailgate. The MX4 you can close with the cover completely down. Both covers come with a weatherstrip seal for beds WITHOUT bedliner, you do not use that seal if the truck has a bedliner. I have had both covers, if I had to buy a 3rd it would be the MX4.

nukemustang

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I don't know if some of the hardware on the G2 got updated, but the MX4 also now has buckles to secure the top in pretty much any of the open conditions (like just flipping the first panel back to fit lumber or anything in the back. The panels also seem lighter that the G2.

I am not 100% sure about the drop-in bedliner, sorry I cant help with that one.

Tim