Bakflip MX4 issue!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TX-RAP70R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed my BakFlip MX4 and have water coming from the back side of the bed where you install the weather striping. When I looked, it was soaking wet and doesn't really stick anymore. Is this user error or is something common?

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
Mine stopped sticking because of the line x on the bed. Going to try sticking a fresh strip directly to the underside of the cover where there is a smooth surface.

OP
OP
TX-RAP70R

TX-RAP70R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine stopped sticking because of the line x on the bed. Going to try sticking a fresh strip directly to the underside of the cover where there is a smooth surface.
I do too have a spray in bed-liner as well. Let me know how that goes! I might just call them and see if they can send something stronger.

Last edited:

CoolrainRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found that removing the weather strip solved the issue. The "rubber flap" seems to be keeping all the water out and I have been through downpours with the truck sitting and driving at various speeds
Note: I do check the handles underneath that are securing the rails once in a while to ensure the thing is tight

Also I seem to have the same sticking issue on the other end and just need to keep pushing it back in place

pandonsf

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I found that removing the weather strip solved the issue. The "rubber flap" seems to be keeping all the water out and I have been through downpours with the truck sitting and driving at various speeds
Note: I do check the handles underneath that are securing the rails once in a while to ensure the thing is tight

Also I seem to have the same sticking issue on the other end and just need to keep pushing it back in place
Same, not running the weather strip and not really getting any water in.

Syberspace

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had an issue on one of my other trucks... I ended up need to put some black silicone on the corners, to fill in some voids. I did wipe down the area with alcohol, where the adhesive sticks to. You could always use a contact cement or silicone there as well, to help hold it down.

Gen2Boost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve had my Bakflip on my Gen 2 for a good year and a half. Spray in factory bed liner as well. I’ve never had any water in my bed. Only thing that I’ve had happen was one of the safety bumpers that you stick on fall off.

OP
OP
TX-RAP70R

TX-RAP70R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will probably have to adjust the back end or something over the weekend. At this point I will take off the weather seal in the back since there is no point and see if that will make a difference