Dirt bike does fit in the 5.5ft bed with Backlip MX4 tonneau/bed cover!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GDITheMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never understood why people load bikes diagonally. What if you want to load two bikes? It's easier to ride directly into the bed, strap it down, then back it directly out if you just leave the tailgate down.

I load 2 bikes in the bed and tow a trailer for the Sea Doo or Mastercraft with the tailgate down.

LayinWatts69

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Never understood why people load bikes diagonally. What if you want to load two bikes? It's easier to ride directly into the bed, strap it down, then back it directly out if you just leave the tailgate down.

I load 2 bikes in the bed and tow a trailer for the Sea Doo or Mastercraft with the tailgate down.
You load the bike diagonally so you can close the tailgate, not sure what's so hard to understand about that. Would rather keep my gear bag, cooler, toolbox etc. from sliding out without tying it down.

Yeah, if you have 2 bikes to bring then you'll put them in straight and keep the tailgate down.

GDITheMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You load the bike diagonally so you can close the tailgate, not sure what's so hard to understand about that. Would rather keep my gear bag, cooler, toolbox etc. from sliding out without tying it down.

Yeah, if you have 2 bikes to bring then you'll put them in straight and keep the tailgate down.
Gear goes in the back seat. 1 bike. 1 person. Lots of room for gear in the back seat.

2 bikes. 2 people. Still lots of room in the back seat.

LayinWatts69

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gear goes in the back seat. 1 bike. 1 person. Lots of room for gear in the back seat.

2 bikes. 2 people. Still lots of room in the back seat.
Hey man, if you want to stuff an Ogio 9800 gear bag, tool box, Yeti cooler, ramp, stand and MF'ing GAS CAN in your back seat, you're welcome to do that. I'll keep them in the bed, load the bike sideways and close the tailgate so I can use my backup camera and not having my tailgate flapping in the breeze.

I've been doing this shit since I was 3 years old, 3rd generation dirt bike racer. Have traveled the world racing dirt bikes, have loaded up to go ride thousands of times. 99% of people at the track or trails load it sideways for this exact reason.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
I actually prefer a hitch rack for 1 bike, or little trailer for 2. Loading and unloading into the bed is the most dangerous part of owning a dirt bike. My experience only. :)

GDITheMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey man, if you want to stuff an Ogio 9800 gear bag, tool box, Yeti cooler, ramp, stand and MF'ing GAS CAN in your back seat, you're welcome to do that. I'll keep them in the bed, load the bike sideways and close the tailgate so I can use my backup camera and not having my tailgate flapping in the breeze.

I've been doing this shit since I was 3 years old, 3rd generation dirt bike racer. Have traveled the world racing dirt bikes, have loaded up to go ride thousands of times. 99% of people at the track or trails load it sideways for this exact reason.

Dude. Gas cans go in the bed. Don't be silly.

Rattpter

Reaction score

I agree with (1) bike, (2) bikes tailgate down on the 5.5' beds. Plus, you can lock your tailgate when it's up and makes it a little harder to steal your bike! Here's an example of 2 bikes in my 13' w/ 5.5' bed. I run the Harbor freight ramp across, in front of my back tire with a strap so all the stuff forward does not fall out. 20220514_102324.jpg
I actually prefer a hitch rack for 1 bike, or little trailer for 2. Loading and unloading into the bed is the most dangerous part of owning a dirt bike. My experience only. :)
I was looking into a hitch rack before I saw this post, since my 20' Gen 2 has the MX4 Backflip & I just assumed it wouldn't work without the front wheel being able to sit against the front of the bed. Now I see how it can work if you run one strap back & one to the front of the bed, while the front wheel is pinned at the corner of the bed & backflip cover. I also haven't tried using the cover in the up position against the window while driving, but it looks like it's not an issue w/ the rubber strips and struts in place according to LayinWatts69.