Installed Foutz 2”F & .75”R

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Like I mentioned above. I think tire choice(and psi) can have an effect on ride quality after the collars.
This^^^^. It's always a give and take concerning ride quality, fuel mileage, payload, and handling. It won't be mistaken for a Bentley, but it's leaps and bounds better than what everyone grew up with. I drove an absolute nightmare, ('83 standard cab 4wd Ranger with the pinto motor), using it as a daily driver as well as for offroad races in Baja and the local deserts. I made the rookie mistake of putting on 1" taller tires which meant I couldn't use 4th going up the slightest grade. I was that guy in the slow lane stuck behind everything from a septic truck to a funeral procession.

TXRaptor37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here’s a 37 with the 1” Eibachs and 37x13.5 Yokohama x-at’s on 9 x 12 offset. I think it’s the perfect stance. Ride is like stock, can’t really tell a difference
Thanks Hambone for the pics, that 37 PP def looks perfect. I think I’m gonna go with the 1” Eibach to level out my 37.

I looked up this X-ATs and the specs are a “true” 37 and really 14” wide. Any rubbing or trimming required? I’m on the fence with going 12.50 or 13.50 wide on a 37” AT/Hybrid tire. Thanks again!

TXRaptor37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes. I had done trimming prior because I swapped over my Methods 0 offset with 37/12.50/17 Ridge Grapplers from my 2019 before trading it in. I was at stock height so I had trimmed a pie shaped piece from the pinch weld. I had to trim the inside edge of the flare because it was rubbing at partial lock with the current setup.

Slightly stiffer than stock. Still rides very nice. These tires seem "cushier" than the Ridge Grapplers that I had on here before.

-6 offset like BAJASVT mentioned above.

Like I mentioned above. I think tire choice(and psi) can have an effect on ride quality after the collars. It is slightly stiffer but not in a bad way (if that makes sense) it still rides very nice. My pregnant hormonal wife can't tell a difference in the ride lol
Thanks Jeddler, def appreciate the feedback

TXRaptor37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This^^^^. It's always a give and take concerning ride quality, fuel mileage, payload, and handling. It won't be mistaken for a Bentley, but it's leaps and bounds better than what everyone grew up with. I drove an absolute nightmare, ('83 standard cab 4wd Ranger with the pinto motor), using it as a daily driver as well as for offroad races in Baja and the local deserts. I made the rookie mistake of putting on 1" taller tires which meant I couldn't use 4th going up the slightest grade. I was that guy in the slow lane stuck behind everything from a septic truck to a funeral procession.
TomDirt, you are 100% right :)
I still remember the high school days of throwing on a body lift and cranking the torsion bars on my 1988 K1500.
Was rocking 37” and factory 3.73 rear end
Made no sense and rode awful, but looked awesome! Funny how picky you get as you get older (and spend a LOT more money on these modern trucks)

Hambone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey TXRaptor37
With the Eibach 1” and the 9x12 17’s I have zero rub. Very happy with the set up! Good luck with your search, this is all part of the fun!

Attachments

• 73DF1178-87CF-4CA1-92AB-244E4DBDFEB6.png
    73DF1178-87CF-4CA1-92AB-244E4DBDFEB6.png
    758.1 KB · Views: 66

TXRaptor37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey TXRaptor37
With the Eibach 1” and the 9x12 17’s I have zero rub. Very happy with the set up! Good luck with your search, this is all part of the fun!
Thanks Hambone, I think I’ll def go with a 37x13.50. The extra width really looks better IMO on such a wide truck

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
TomDirt, you are 100% right :)
I still remember the high school days of throwing on a body lift and cranking the torsion bars on my 1988 K1500.
Was rocking 37” and factory 3.73 rear end
Made no sense and rode awful, but looked awesome! Funny how picky you get as you get older (and spend a LOT more money on these modern trucks)
Back in the ice age one fab shop employee admitted to me that when doing a "lift" on a customer's truck they would shim up the driver's seat about a half inch as well. The owner would instantly notice the difference, smile, and then pay the bill! EVERYBODY drove out of that shop with a big smile.... and the shop guys got a giggle out of the scam. Good Times!

OP
OP
Jeddler

Jeddler

Reaction score
ao you added quite a bit of weight btw the wheels and the tires. does it feel sluggish compared to stock?
Not enough that I have really noticed. I wasn’t really concerned with that either. It’s not like I put 20’s with 13.5 wides on here lol

riv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not enough that I have really noticed. I wasn’t really concerned with that either. It’s not like I put 20’s with 13.5 wides on here lol
true, I have innov8s and will be mounting Toyo Mts as well, +6 offset. I'll post some pics once its done