Installed Deavers and Camburg Shackles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gary E

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed Deaver +2's and Camburg shackles over the past couple of days. Was able to remove the stock parts myself, but needed a helper to install the Deavers because of the 95 pound weight of each, as well as the tight fit of the new bushings into the frame brackets.

To get the proper torque on the front bolt/nut, I fabricated a quick and dirty 12" wrench extension for the 150 pound torque wrench. The 12" extension multiplies 141 pounds to the required 258 pounds for the bolt/nut. The extension is made from 1" square tube with 1" x 1/4" flat steel welded to both sides of the tube. A short socket extension was cut in half with each portion welded inside the square tube.

The truck is now sitting an inch higher than stock. I assume it will drop down to the original level as the Deavers settle in after a short time.

IMG_9403.1.jpg

IMG_9405.1.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gary E

Gary E

Full Access Member
Reaction score

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Last edited:

MnFlyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Excellent, Thank you gentlemen.

Just making sure my understanding on how and what the shackle does was correct.

I think, think... I want to go with Eibach springs up front and ICON leafs set to option 3 in the rear with 1.5 inch drop shackle. That should put me with only a 1.5 inch lift total in the rear with 1.7 inch lift in the front. Keeps some of the rake but lets me load up the bed and still sit pretty level.

Ski4Ever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@MnFlyer

You can get stock length or longer shackles (for drop down if needed)

These are the ones I bought for my Deavers +2
I'm on mid-perch and my truck sits level.

https://camburg.com/shop/suspension/camburg-ford-raptor-10-17-f-150-09-17-rear-tig-4130-shackles/

You can go cheap if you want too.

https://camburg.com/shop/suspension/camburg-ford-raptor-10-17-f-150-09-17-rear-mig-shackles/
Looks like they only have TIG welded options in the stock length, and if you want extended length shackles then you have to get the "cheap" MIG option. Any idea why that would be? Just curious!

OP
OP
Gary E

Gary E

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like they only have TIG welded options in the stock length, and if you want extended length shackles then you have to get the "cheap" MIG option. Any idea why that would be? Just curious!

There is nothing "cheap" about the MIG welded shackles. I would suspect that the MIG shackles are the most popular. It's what I installed (stock length).

Kahuna

THE MORE YOU PLAY WITH IT, THE BIGGER IT GETS
Reaction score
Apparently they do Tig extended but they aren't listed on the site. Jeff from ORA told me you need to call.