Installed a Black Widow Muffler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07Alloy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any reason to install a helmholtz resonator with this muffler or is there no need? I already don't have the factory resonator. I just don't want any drone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

07Alloy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah. Got mine done on Tuesday. Very little drone at all. Sounds pretty good too although my wife was not impressed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had mine installed earlier this wee. Eliminated the resonator and left the stock exit. Nice and quite with no load, kick A under load. Great during my work commute, which is mostly back streets, rarely greater than 50 MPH.
Only got it on the freeway for a short while on the way home and it was a bit loud and a bit of drone at 75, was great at about 70 and below. No opportunity to safely get above 75 on that trip and I haven't been on a freeway since.

Blue Steel

Reaction score
Great thread. I've been wanting to change out my exhaust. I think the BW is the way to go. I am going to dump the resi and do a turn down just before the rear axle.

A.I.I.Raciing

Dezert 8MYMNEY
Reaction score
Great thread. I've been wanting to change out my exhaust. I think the BW is the way to go. I am going to dump the resi and do a turn down just before the rear axle.

Nows a great time to order cause you'll be entered to win a Soectre intake to free up even more horsepower

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 137