Inside height of bed (under bakflip)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Labraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My truck is not in yet and I am setting things up for the SnoBall. Does anyone know off hand how much room(height) there is under the bakflip? I just picked up two VP racing jugs for the trip and realized they are too tall for the bed on my current F-150. It is old and I am now hoping there is a little more room. Jugs are about 21 1/2" tall. Thanks in advance for the help.

rwjr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't remember the measurement, but it's mentioned somewhere in the IRONMAN's RACK thread.

IRONMAN

Reaction score
My cover has more room then the Bakflip's. Bakflips sit level with the bed sides and my cover goes 2 to 3 inches higher.
To the center of my cover it's 25" so Raptorsteve might be right with it being 22" maybe even 21" cause I think the Bakflips sit inside the bed sides not on top.
I'd measure but I don't have a Bakflip to give you an exact measurement.

rwjr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My cover has more room then the Bakflip's. Bakflips sit level with the bed sides and my cover goes 2 to 3 inches higher.
To the center of my cover it's 25" so Raptorsteve might be right with it being 22" maybe even 21" cause I think the Bakflips sit inside the bed sides not on top.
I'd measure but I don't have a Bakflip to give you an exact measurement.

Thanks. I knew you had measured, but didn't realize you had a different cover. I was on my stupidphone and wasn't able to easily check your thread.

IRONMAN

Reaction score
Yeah I have the A.R.E. LSX Tonneau Cover.
Sits pretty high.

attachment.php

Attachments

• RIGHT REAR (sm).jpg
    RIGHT REAR (sm).jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 198
OP
OP
Labraptor

Labraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My generator is 22" in height and just fits under the Bakflip.

Thanks. Sounds like I will just make it.
Thanks to all who answered so quick.
And Ironman, you make nice stuff. I am thinking about getting anew jack that will live in the bed after looking at your setup.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If your building something, keeping it under 21", and you'll be ok

Yukon Joe

---------- Post added at 11:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 AM ----------

Should work, it will be close.

Yukon Joe