"Clunk" under rear bed area

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jrl2019R

Reaction score
2019 Ford Raptor. Great shape etc. There is an annoying rattle or clunk under the bed in the rear. Sometimes If you hit a bump BUT MAINLY WHEN I MANUALLY.. jump on the back bumper and when I make the bed move up and down it makes noise. Sounds like spare tire is loose but when I get under it I can't pin it down? And unless something is inside, that I can't see above, loose etc it feels solid. Thought that IT was in tailgate but that has been ruled out. ShockS or spare tire needs dropped and checked? THANKS IN ADVANCE!

jdholder

Reaction score
I have also pops and clunks coming from under the truck. Changed the sway bar links, didn’t help.

I got under with a mallet and couldn’t find an issue.

Could it be bed bolts loosening???

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I doubt it’s bed bolts, my Rap makes some creaking and popping noises sometimes. The bed bolts would be unlikely. Could be leafs or shock mounts maybe.

OP
OP
jrl2019R

jrl2019R

Reaction score
No sir. I'm taking the spare down. It's either something there or in the travel of the shocks. Bad shocks maybe. It's crazy!! If someone gets in back and makes the bed travel up and down like a bumpy road the noise is there. But cannot find it. Crazy. Gotta be almost inside the shock. But they seem resilient