Increasing amps of upfitters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm running the LVJ panel as well. He has mounting brackets for it now, it bolts up neatly beside the battery. Top notch setup

I made a panel setup for my last truck, a lot of work.... This kit makes it so easy.

@Kmandoske

vr4henry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice looking....hope I don't need that much power.

Here's installed view for the curious...
SmK7zfRpwmsMZ9aCyyTUIKfLyhpewnA1BdszCFjtVY6WF7vnlnjqbwDt2iWe46VxLUvoEtFUYqaSijFFdKM-l6IyZ_y-VeTaYvBS9pkm6LeEzASoSlGJlLTRy74qVKHUsl3wdWvDx_1jX6kOa2keYwZQaQMNUYHPR-AYVW3icUGcvDcPv6eWM1tZaY1EXWVOGP_hIYuhiwnviSPypCTDFaQsvnguzmH9jl1Qd6zDceJvmWX1XgD2Z4l_LQWkIvYLw4PdZGB70z2M42E5z92N4xdjovk4-aI1Yo8bS8tOqlJNtqUoYAvkoZmBGrwSYWrdGRGo7DiOccz71dq-vlRApiVTtM2CBpCbQZ2Yb25LZsxXLoRXGC0dMaPLJm9vJaMargE-RZUGXESkLCNDczjPoLT7_6mfVyD-NOpjq_oqnHo36zu-E5NJjP0tu05meC1Wk4G18JuVYekIzrvCUVZf-_ZTI1F5t6CiKZBnMcb2dHEK_c0l-UdZV8sXvMKdgjnkUFVpr5fy6D7JI7MMEiLuwO-EmlZBB-leiaL0CEVFbvHZ-u1vE0MowiokSpn2-cuYwaC8tikPMQvOzkrnewUl6MPqeW077R_yjKALncShV_UG-k0BIrbv3A=w1206-h1606-no

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As posted above... any of the upfitters can be wired via a relay for as many amps as you need. If you need 60 amps with 0 gauge wire.... get a 60 amp relay, 0 gauge wire, an inline fuse.... and use the upfitter simply to turn the relay off and on.

stevelp99

Reaction score
Best bet is to use a relay harness and trigger it by the upfitter switch. Otherwise your asking for trouble. Since the wiring is fairly small gauge, you would have to replace the wiring in the circuit, upgrade fuses, I don't remember what their relays were rated for, but those might need swapping. I personally wished they had more upfitters like in the new raptors, and just tapped the through wires so I didn't have to mess around inside the tight space behind the console.

RPG offroad has a 4 switch 35amp relay box set that uses factory switches that would mount under the passenger side 12v outlet.

Pankster

Reaction score

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
So I ordered this relay from amazon

6 Pack OLS 30A Fuse Relay Switch Harness Set - 12V DC 4-Pin SPST Automotive Relays 14 AWG Hot Wires https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01NBAO1SA/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_L1sKzb4XQE9R6

Can someone please help me with wiring this in place to increase the amps of one of my upfitter switches. I'm trying to complete this installation myself and rather not pay a shop to do something that seems to be simple for those who know what they're doing.......thanks

Youtube videos have almost certainly paved the way for you. This isn’t rocket science. At a minimum, you’ll have a battery lead, ground, and 2 switch leads.

Ground/earth is self explanatory, but make sure it’s a good and consistent ground. Battery lead is to the positive of the battery; power for the relay. One end of the 2 switched leads goes to the up fitter, the other to the accessory you’re wiring in.

Automotive Relay Guide | 12 Volt Planet

HTH