Increased HP and Torque

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

locktech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how much the HP and Torque are increased by this mod? Is it recommended by all you guys? 2014 F150 Raptor 6.2L AFE Stage 2 Cold Air Intake w/ Custom Tunes

Would love your feedback. Thanks!

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Are you asking about the cai and tuner? If so then I would go with 5star for your tunes you get 3 custom tunes in the different octaves 87,89,91,93 it's a pretty good difference between the stock the the performance tune and of course helping the truck breath with a cai helps. Talk to Chris at freedom motorsports about getting the afe stage 2 and the tuner he's having a good sale for Black Friday!

Tommysyko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went through 5-star and gotexhaust.com for my tune and parts. Hard to say about exact numbers from the upgrades (400+ hp, 5000 lb vehicles)

But I love the added overall feel with the shift points in the transmission, both on hard acceleration and gradual slow to stop lights with the engine braking. The juice on the freeway feels much smoother. I feel as agile and maneuverable moving through traffic (holiday drivers) similar to the other sports cars in my stable (wrx, S4, Taurus SHO).

It's. Bit pricey upgrade after spending on the truck itself but the truck feels and sounds like it should. You'll appreciate it more if you notice the difference from stock. I rarely go into manual mode with the upgrade.

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What i have seen on the dyno from the guys who have had work done. A good tune premium gas (SAE smoothed) gets you about 25 hp and about 30 to 35 torque. CAI gets little or nothing alone but seems to boost another three to five HP with a tune. Catback gets nothing but again with a comparable tune you get a few more horses and a considerable torque increase. Now, you throw headers on there with a tune your looking at well over 50 horse and comparable torque as well. What was most surprising was how consistent the stock Raptors 6.2 are. I have seen at least 20 stock dynoed of various years and they all seem to be within a few horses of each other. Chevy has some dyno freaks and some loosers but Ford products seem to be super consistent stock.

Last edited: