Impulse Off Road Light Bar Mount

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vitaminR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it is a form vs function thing. It requires no modification to the truck to install and it is designed simply to mount a light bar and that it does. Not particularly of interest to me but maybe after looking at threads where people are dealing with the shutters and whatnot in the grille to install a bar there it might just be an easier solution. I wish we could see more photo angles to make better judgements. Would probably be a lot better if it curved to match the truck body a little. Looks like it doesn't interfere with the adaptive cruise radar thing either on the right side of the front bumper.

However, Their chase rack design is my favorite of all on the market. I really like the simplicity. They are the builder of the Raptor Assault trucks so I am guessing that the quality is there or FP wouldn't be using them.

Ironhorse07

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think it is a form vs function thing. It requires no modification to the truck to install and it is designed simply to mount a light bar and that it does. Not particularly of interest to me but maybe after looking at threads where people are dealing with the shutters and whatnot in the grille to install a bar there it might just be an easier solution. I wish we could see more photo angles to make better judgements. Would probably be a lot better if it curved to match the truck body a little. Looks like it doesn't interfere with the adaptive cruise radar thing either on the right side of the front bumper.

However, Their chase rack design is my favorite of all on the market. I really like the simplicity. They are the builder of the Raptor Assault trucks so I am guessing that the quality is there or FP wouldn't be using them.

I have seen it in person and it is fugli up close too. The chase rack is good for what they do, but not the shit.

vitaminR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could be. I've only seen the pics online here so I really have no idea other than what I see here. If you've seen it in person then we'll there is a first hand account.

I am still interested in seeing more pics of the bed cage and pricing on that.

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would say this light bar was made by a 7th grade shop class but I don't want to insult the 7th graders.

You may be right but I don't see any signs that it's sub-par quality.

What I'd like to see is a single bar running across (where this bar's lower bar is) so we could attach light bars below it (for those of us with front cameras) and above it.

For those of you Gen 1'ers or those who have been around you may be familiar with this Ford Performance Light Bar...

I want one of these for the Gen2! (Hello, any fabricators listening?)

M-15266-F15RBAR.jpg

362-kchighlites-c50-LEDbar-w-Roof-Mount-2014-F150-2.jpg

Ironhorse07

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You may be right but I don't see any signs that it's sub-par quality.

What I'd like to see is a single bar running across (where this bar's lower bar is) so we could attach light bars below it (for those of us with front cameras) and above it.

For those of you Gen 1'ers or those who have been around you may be familiar with this Ford Performance Light Bar...

I want one of these for the Gen2! (Hello, any fabricators listening?)

M-15266-F15RBAR.jpg

62-kchighlites-c50-LEDbar-w-Roof-Mount-2014-F150-2.jpg

Quality is not the issue, the fabrication is top notch, the design however...

xBryanHoodsx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$500 for that is very steep that's like ADD intercooler pricing haha

---------- Post added at 06:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:23 AM ----------

Yes @WhatExit - this right here would be ****.

I would be all about this one as well... any guys here fab in their spare time?

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The Ford Performance Light Bar for the Raptors was apparently only made for 2010 and 2011 Raptors. It's still available for $284.33

https://fordracingpartsbydonwood.co...t-auxiliary-light-bar-raptor-m-15266-f15rbar/

If those brackets will fit the Gen2 front tow hooks mounting points (doubtful) we could start with one of these and have it cut and a new cross tube added with tabs for lights and then have it powder coated.

And if the brackets won't fit we need to have them made so we have a left and a right and then have our own single or double tube crossbars made with tabs for lights.

M-15266-F15RBAR.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Check out this link for more on the Ford Performance Light Bar
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f265/we-need-ford-performance-make-gen2-light-bar-57157/

OP
OP
H

HulkSmash23

Reaction score
I guess to each their own. I think it's a simple clean look that fits the truck well.

But alas this is the internet and thus basically impossible to see something that's not your style without posting an inane comment.

Ironhorse07

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I guess to each their own. I think it's a simple clean look that fits the truck well.

But alas this is the internet and thus basically impossible to see something that's not your style without posting an inane comment.

Like you said, to each his own. Then you add an inane comment about a comment being inane just because you don't agree.