Im still getting used to Parking...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So am I the only one that is reading this thread and the OP as a joke? As an attempt at humor? Hmm... I really don't think he was serious, but then again - people can't drive for shit anymore.

Tautog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use the handicap spot, extra wide the only good thing about not being able to get around so well. You should see the looks I get parking the beast in those spots.:shocked:

Ranger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Backing in is also a lot safer in the long run. My worst fear is backing out of my driveway and accidentally killing a kid. I hear about it occasionally on the news and cringe. At least when you back into a spot you have much better situational awareness of everything going on in the area as you approach. Also, once you get the hang of it, backing up using the side view mirrors is pretty easy.

I drive a 45000 lbs fire truck for a living and I'm not to afraid to admit I will use the cameras to help park my Raptor when I get it.

---------- Post added at 07:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:30 PM ----------

I use the handicap spot, extra wide the only good thing about not being able to get around so well. You should see the looks I get parking the beast in those spots.:shocked:

Please tell me you're kidding! That's just bad karma. I broke my leg playing hockey a couple years ago, had to have 2 screws put in, and got a temp handicap permit for a few months. I would park in the handicap spots and get dirty looks, one couple actually started bitching at me. I flipped down the visor with the handicap permit, opened the door and put my crutches out and they saw the cast. I didn't have to say a word, they must have felt about 3 inches tall after that.

Big Green Machine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please tell me you're kidding! That's just bad karma. I broke my leg playing hockey a couple years ago, had to have 2 screws put in, and got a temp handicap permit for a few months. I would park in the handicap spots and get dirty looks, one couple actually started bitching at me. I flipped down the visor with the handicap permit, opened the door and put my crutches out and they saw the cast. I didn't have to say a word, they must have felt about 3 inches tall after that.

I don't think he is.. if I'm thinking of the same person, in a pic I saw a handicap plate on the truck.

Not everyone on this forum is under 30 and in perfect working order.

~BGM

Ranger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think he is.. if I'm thinking of the same person, in a pic I saw a handicap plate on the truck.

Not everyone on this forum is under 30 and in perfect working order.

~BGM

The crazy lightning blot guy icon at the end of his sentence made me thing his was doing something wrong.... I see now, I'm jumping to the same conclusion as the people in my story!

Tautog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ranger, I figured since I said I don't get around to well you could figure out that I have a physical problem, hence my handicapped sticker for my broken back and a numb leg.:waytogo:

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So am I the only one that is reading this thread and the OP as a joke? As an attempt at humor? Hmm... I really don't think he was serious, but then again - people can't drive for shit anymore.

It must be a joke. The Raptor is big but it's nothing that you should get "used to"

Parking is one of the easiest things you can do a in a car... all the other cars aren't moving...

Ranger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ranger, I figured since I said I don't get around to well you could figure out that I have a physical problem, hence my handicapped sticker for my broken back and a numb leg.:waytogo:

My apologies brother, I mistook the meaning in your sentence.