GEN 2 Idle/ RPM problem truck shuddering

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If that doesn't work it is probably time to break out the drill and create yourself some weep holes.

gwpfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bummer, Forscan doesn't access PCM from a response I got.

That really sucks as I know that fixed my issue with idling while in drive and stopped....should be soon though, but stupid one has to go aftermarket to fix something Ford can easily fix, IME.

PARKER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've have an intermittent "shuttering" problem at idle as well. Just for a split second. It never lasts longer than that. Everytime I step on it it GOES tho. It could be a lot of different things. It's never really caused a problem. My gen 1 would actually do the same thing just a lot worse. So I haven't really paid it much attention.

OP
OP
dinoone

dinoone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dropped truck off at the dealer today. Going to program PCM and do any updates!

jscherbs

Reaction score
mine does it too, doesn't seem like a problem, but their is a noticeable shutter. 100% stock with 93. let us know what they tell you.

vr4henry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine does the same thing but only with AC on. Flip AC off, goes away immediately and doesn't come back. Annoying but truck drives fine. I bet bumping base idle 50rpm would counter the drag from the AC compressor.