Warm A/C Temps , 2010 A/C compressor replacement any tips?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Getting ready to replace A/C compressor , any tips to make it easier? I think it's on its way out or worn, not making pressure it should be. Running on low side of charts with proper refrigerant level . Problem driving in AZ 105deg 46 deg coming out of vent , not too bad , come to stop , or drive through restaurant vent temp will creep up to 65 ish if sitting like 10 min. Start driving again cools down to low 50s vent temp. My 14 F150 tremor would freeze you out , 43 vent temp when its 120 deg ambient. So i know what it should be like . Its not air flow related or blocked condenser , its spotless and not plugged, fans are new and on high speed, if they can keep engine coolant at 185 deg at idle its pulling enough air for a/c condenser.

I replaced TXV valve past Saturday thinking it may be sticking . Did a recharge and still same issue. I'm thinking it is Rpm related so if i sit at idle everything hot fans on high 60+ coming out of vent , if i bring rpms up to 1200-1300 vent temps starts dropping 5 deg right away . Soon as i let off gas and idle normal temps start creeping up . Refrigerant Tag underhood says 1.50 pounds of 134a that is 24 oz or 2 cans. I vacuumed system before putting 134a in.

I Should say A/C was never really great even brand new lowest it would get in summer was 50deg and that was city driving but seemed to keep up hwy was fine but would always hover in 50 range. Black super cab with moonroof.

Pressure at idle Low was 40 and high was 205 psi 105 deg ambient see charts Am i missing something here?

AC Low Side Pressure Chart below 100F.jpg

AC High Side Pressure Chart below 100F.jpg

Last edited: