ICON Texas Raptor Run 2013 OFFICAL Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iSurvive

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sounds as though you've got a pretty good stash of ammo. Where are you buying?

I get it wherever I can: Bass World is my favorite since I can usually get boxes of 250, then Walmart, or online stores based on current prices. My reloads are from my father-in-law. He's a veteran and serious about quality control.

---------- Post added at 11:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 PM ----------

Ok so why is everyone talking about bringing trash tires to TRR? Should I expect to need new tires after this?

Yeah, it's all fun and games until my Raptor gets screwed. What's all this crap about destroying tires, and bumpers, and all the other precious parts of my truck.

I love going all out, but do we have to take significant damage?? I'm going to buy a Kevlar blanky for my baby!!! I just installed my ADD bumper and now I'm very protective all of a sudden. I didn't give a shit about my factory bumper!

keatonskidmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I get it wherever I can: Bass World is my favorite since I can usually get boxes of 250, then Walmart, or online stores based on current prices. My reloads are from my father-in-law. He's a veteran and serious about quality control.

---------- Post added at 11:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 PM ----------

Yeah, it's all fun and games until my Raptor gets screwed. What's all this crap about destroying tires, and bumpers, and all the other precious parts of my truck.

I love going all out, but do we have to take significant damage?? I'm going to buy a Kevlar blanky for my baby!!! I just installed my ADD bumper and now I'm very protective all of a sudden. I didn't give a shit about my factory bumper!

I went out with a somewhat new set of duratracs and was on bottom perch..I just roughed up the skid and didn't really hurt the tire tread too much..as long as you're not an idiot and have some offroad experience you wont tear anything up

keatonskidmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am an idiot, but have lots of off road experience. I'll run my OEM tires and then buy my new tires if I get tire damage.

I go hard and fast, but I do consider the consequences. I'm not made of money - so smart driving is important to me.

You should be fine then..and I think they may be taking out a lot of the little MX and side by side jumps that did a number on everyones skids last year

MotuMute

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You're on mid-perch. You'll be fine! Assuming you don't mow down any trees! A lot of us were driving hard on low perch - you will ding up a skidplate on low perch. Mid to Top perch equals no worries.

Rocky hill country is hard on tires. Stock BFG's tend to chunk some. If you have an older set with tread left - not a bad idea to run these

DubbsFaris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I got this figured out now. Little girl's birthday is the 19th, but we plan to do the party the weekend before due to some other scheduling issues. If all goes the way Im hoping, I will be there Thursday, set up the RV, be MIA for Friday, and come back Friday night. Best I can do, but at least some time there is better than no time.

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
General Questions:

How close is a gas station to the Ranch?

How close is a grocery store to the Ranch?

How close are to port-o-pots to the camp site area?

Thanks.