ICI Hidden Winch Mount & 12.5 Talon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

10-8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, 1 more little mod checked off my list! I had been looking at bumpers and winches for some time and finally decided I like the look of the front of the Raptor the way Ford originally designed it best. So I got the ICI hidden winch mount and the Superwinch Talon 12.5 with Dyneema rope. I must say that I was very impressed with the build of the mount (Very Heavy)and excellent fit. The install was easy and straight forward. It mounts to the existing front tow hooks location and retains the use of the hooks.

The Talon 12.5 was the largest winch that I believe would fit without any modifications. It dropped right into place on the mount without hitting anything. The mount comes with a replacement fill plate that is solid black. But I wanted to retain the original look and match the grill so we trimmed the existing Ford insert to fit with the Hawse fairlead. In my opinion, it makes for a cleaner, more factory look. Install ran just over an hour and I am very pleased with the results.
x3YDbb?gdriveurl.jpg
goQbjN?gdriveurl.jpg
THB7vP?gdriveurl.jpg

Last edited:

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nice install, I would recommend you relocate the control box however, to much water will get at it there. Oh and time to order up a prolink from @IRONMAN :)

OP
OP
10-8

10-8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice install, I would recommend you relocate the control box however, to much water will get at it there. Oh and time to order up a prolink from @IRONMAN :)

There website shows it as waterproof and designed for outside mount. Has there been a problem with the box on that series?

I like the Prolink idea ..

Last edited:
OP
OP
10-8

10-8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mount+winch, probably 100lb added to the front I think. Does it make the truck nose heavy?

I think you are pretty close on the added weight, but it is not something that is noticeable and certainly less than most of the after market bumpers with winches.