Mount bumper with 8 or 4 bolts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdm_sixtwo

11MPG is average, right?
Reaction score
IMG_2479.jpeg
Picked up an ADD Stealth bumper today. I’d been browsing for a while and settled on these bumpers, and I’m already loving the look, but it came with extra bolts so that I had the option to drill 4 more holes in the bumper mount so that the bumper was held on with 8 instead of 4. Should I drill for it? The bumper will eventually have a winch in it so that’s the only thing I foresee it being stressed under.

Last edited:

Jhollowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've never had a winch but i would assume it attaches to the frame and not directly to the bumper. I would think you'd want the winch loads transfered into the frame and not through the bumper into the frame

itoito06

Reaction score
Bought my truck with a rogue racing revolver front bumper installed with a winch. Was attached by only 4 bolts as you said and there was indeed a winch plate that attached to the bottom of the frame rails. Ended up removing the winch and winch plate since I don't foresee ever needing a winch on my truck. But yeah the winch wouldn't add any additional stress to the bumper. Also the revolver is basically identical to the bumper you chose so I don't see it being any different in your case.

OP
OP
jdm_sixtwo

jdm_sixtwo

11MPG is average, right?
Reaction score
I was going to make a mount for the frame, but then I saw another ADD stealth on eBay and the winch mount was in the skid plate area, so I assumed I should put it there instead. My ADD bumper wasn’t optioned with the winch mount factory so I’m at the mercy of seeing what other people did with theirs. I wouldn’t be using a winch a ton but it’s still necessary mostly for dragging deer out of water and mud, and sometimes I’m sure I’ll get this beast stuck.

Attachments

• IMG_2632.png
    IMG_2632.png
    850.2 KB · Views: 10

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter