Hidden winch mount with aftermarket bumper?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trayack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm currently running a hidden winch mount with my OEM bumper and I love the combo. However, a drunk guy on an E-Bike decided he wasn't a fan of the entire front end of my truck and driver's door so I now have the opportunity to replace/upgrade those parts. I'd like to keep my hidden winch mount and replace the OEM bumper with a NON-winch mount aftermarket bumper.

Does anyone know of any aftermarket bumper that would work? Basically the frontal opening (where people often mount small lightbars) just needs to be in the same basic location on the OEM and aftermarket bumper for this to work. I've called ADD and they weren't able to tell me yes or no....and they only make 1 option now anyway.

- Travis

OP
OP
trayack

trayack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an ADD Venom bumper on front/back of my Gen 1. The front has a cutout for a smaller led bar or whatever.

Correct, most of the aftermarket bumpers have the cutout. The conundrum on my end is "is that cut-out in the same general place as the cutout in the OEM bumper where the plastic fake grill lives"...

With the hidden winch mount, that's where the fairlead comes through.

Also....ADD doesn't even make that bumper anymore. They ONLY produce the Venom R front bumpers for the Gen1 trucks now.

- Travis

BlueOvalF22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My favorite hidden winch is a winch I can stow in the bed of the truck. You can use it on either end, store it someplace out of the elements and helps with weight distribution.

If it was a crawler or a mud truck then a permanent front mount makes sense. For a Raptor it's no big deal to get it out and plug it in if needed.

It's like the front hidden hitch except has to be fabbed into the bumper.

Get a winch hitch mount plate

Get two 2" weld-in square receivers.

One to weld into your bumper install. Front bumper, I'd probably get this to chop to fit welded in just behind the skid plate.

For the bed I use these, the winch and hitch drawbar each have one welded and bolted down then pinned and anti-rattle strapped.

Get one winch-side electrical connector.

get two electrical connectors for the truck side. one 7ft and one 24 ft.

OP
OP
trayack

trayack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Again, I have EXACTLY the winch mount setup I want so no need to change that up. Simply asking if anyone knows if the aftermarket bumpers have the same frontal opening as the OEM bumper does.

- Travis

OP
OP
trayack

trayack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interested in the same as OP...

One of the main issues we are going to face with this is that ADD and a few other of the main producers aren't making most of their Gen1 bumper options anymore. When I called ADD they said unless whatever website you're looking at physically has a bumper in stock, you'll only be able to order the Venom R....no matter what the website states.

- Travis

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTRaptor20