I Think Ford Might Lose The Battle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My raptor get guys, women and kids always walking up with a smile telling me how cool the raptor is.
Really? In a year and a half the only people who acted interested in mine are the Ford SA, my insurance agent, and a Costco employee who saw my RA shirt and asked if I owned a Raptor. Maybe it has more to do with the owner than the vehicle ...

ganooch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really? In a year and a half the only people who acted interested in mine are the Ford SA, my insurance agent, and a Costco employee who saw my RA shirt and asked if I owned a Raptor. Maybe it has more to do with the owner than the vehicle ...
Lol, I was looking at the Cadillac dealership for my wife's new lease and all of the sales people were super excited about the new Raptor in the parking lot. They all wanted to hear the exhaust.

Zelrick

Reaction score
I currently own a Gladiator Rubicon in Pumpkin' Orange. I ordered what will end up being a 22 Raptor in Code Orange instead of a TRX. There are several reasons but, one of the biggest one is the Vehicle control system (better known as the Infotainment). Ram/Jeep require you to go through SiriusXM to use any of the extra features besides Phone things and it's annoyingly expensive. ( I know a weird argument on 60K+ vehicles). It's also convoluted and doesn't make much sense on who takes care of what, like why do I have to pay SiriusXM $10+ per month to get remote start from my phone? From what I can tell from Ford all I need to do to get all functions to work, with the exception of Blue Cruise, is to either use my phones internet connection or pay ATT $15 per month for the hot spot option. Fill me in if I'm wrong about this, I'm so frustrated with the Jeeps Infotainment mess, that I just wanted to get away from it.

I know, boring reason but, for me All of Ram/Jeeps infotainment mess is enough to keep me away from their products. My deep hatred for SiriusXM may have a bit to do with it too.

I love the Jeep, but comfort is an issue for me and lack of power is annoying as well, add the infotainment mess and I'm done.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Why is this thread even here, How many members from here actually go over to the Ram forum and sling BS about how great the Raptor is? Like, why would you even bother, unless you're so bored and Jealous and want to stir the sh it pile!

ben2k9

Reaction score
Assume 15k miles a year and use the EPA avg combined fuel economy of both the TRX and Raptor and you are talking slightly less than $1000 more per year for the TRX. If that is even a blip on someone’s radar for a truck at this price level then they probably can’t afford it in the first place.

Fuel cost is not the issue at all, refueling frequency would be annoying. All for what benefit? There is nothing those extra 300hp could ever do for me. It’s not like I’m drag racing trucks. I’m not Baja racing. I doubt any true Baja racers are driving a Dodge Ram anyway lol.

450hp is ample. The TRXs do look cool, but I think Raptors look better, and yes I am biased since I own a raptor. But I could have bought either one, so there’s that!

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not but just in case you are I don't know if I like your tone. You dont have enough doors to be in this **** slinging show ya scab lover
Yeah, I’m a couple doors short, but the Gen 3 is a lot different than the Gen 2 :)

ganooch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We should have a big master thread for TRX vs. Raptor talk and all of these dumb threads need to go there to die.

Status
Not open for further replies.