I Think Ford Might Lose The Battle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If the battle is about market share, it's a horrible time to be declaring any sort of winner. TRX is surely winning for 2021, but you can't conclude it's a better truck or more popular based on that since Ford has barely produced in Raptors in 2021. Wait till 2022 for things to potentially normalize. Although supply issues may be an issue and both Ram and Ford may have another engine/version of their trucks mixing things up. Not to mention the fact that there will be vehicles in other segments that could very well pull some buyers away.

OP
OP
F

fts

Reaction score
Today it is TRX, but for Ford the competition is breading, and for everyone else. In less than two years, things going to look very different I think:

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today it is TRX, but for Ford the competition is breading, and for everyone else. In less than two years, things going to look very different I think:

At least both RAM and Ford enthusiasts will be able to laugh at the broken down, overheated, undercharged Rivian and hummer trucks together. EV has a very bright future, but battery technology and supporting infrastructure is not there, yet. We can debate again in 10 years, until then, enjoy your coal powered "ev's".

M60gunr

Reaction score
I thought about not reviving this topic again, it does not end well generally, but…

Ford dealers, many of them, particularly in large metro areas, are adamant of asking for ADMs. In some cases, outrageous ones. So Ford and Raptor fans are at a minimum paying MSRP as best deals. On the other hand, multiple RAM dealers now openly offering $5-7.5K off MSRP on 2022 TRX. Some of those dealers are the same dealers asking for ADMs on Raptors. On top of this, these dealers have been delivering the trucks, at least appears to be the case, not much complaints about chip shortages or truck shortages.

Now with that kind of discounts, one can have a well optioned 2022 TRX, equivalent to 801A+35s at the same price or even lower than a 2021 Raptor.

Even if the TRX was cheaper, I still cannot bring myself to buying one, but more buyers may go that route given the current approach of RAM vs. Ford dealers. This cannot be good for Ford. I am not even getting into the craziness surrounding the Bronco Raptor or Lightning.
I love my 2014 Raptor, and my 2021 that I have been anxiously waiting for has been "Unscheduled-Clean" since June 15th. I have considered going to a TRX on several occasions. I am going to try to remain hopeful and patient, but not sure how long that will last. I think if I found a TRX at the right price, I may make the move to Dodge and cancel my Raptor order.

Status
Not open for further replies.