I Think Ford Might Lose The Battle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PTYHRD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quit lying, that's down hill only!

According to the EPA, the 2021 Ram 1500 TRX returns a dismal 10 mpg in city driving, 14 mpg on the highway and 12 mpg combined. Be prepared to budget for premium fuel, too, which the TRX requires.

And this is on a good day!
Wait am I the only sucker putting 93 in my Raptor? I only get 12.7 in a roush so…

Raptorial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really? Because I am coming to the (disappointing) conclusion that there are fewer young people interested in cars then ever before. I think the overwhelming majority of people wouldn’t know the difference between a Honda Accord vs a Bugatti Chiron.
Too busy oiling their beard and tying their man buns.

dakotawoopass

Reaction score
I'm guessing the thinner metal in the body/bed components on RAM saves some coin and it makes crazier deals possible.

Yep that's exactly it. Thin metal is why there some sold at 10k under MSRP.

They tried not to let the secret out, but somehow it got out.

4x4ready

Reaction score
Yep that's exactly it. Thin metal is why there some sold at 10k under MSRP.

They tried not to let the secret out, but somehow it got out.

lol. I did noticed having built a few trucks per year for past 5 years the differences in frame rail wall thickness, door's bending, truck bed deflection, etc. Electrical harness routing/etc. Don't really think it's why there are so many dealer incentives but from engineering perspective I did see a noticeable quality difference. Still appreciate the RAM's but I think of it as a farm truck that's much more comfortable now. Look under the rear of the TRX compared to the Raptor and you can see examples.

4x4ready

Reaction score
We have a friend who just traded his 2019 gen 2 for a TRX and he has nothing but rave reviews for quality on it so far. In the past few years at least on the new 1500 the quality has definitely been an upgrade. The wife wants nothing to do with the TRX but i would be lying if i said that if that wasn't the case we would have picked one of those up and then gotten a gen 3 when the hype died down and we could actually get one built in a timely manner. He placed his order after us and has been driving it for a few weeks now.. I am still waiting on a build date.

When the wife wants nothing to do with it it means she won't drive it :D

Here's detailed video of rear end of Raptor and they compare it to the TRX. All depends what performance means to each person (IMO). Straight line? can't really beat supercharge v8. For my setup I dig the 4 corner live valves, 5 link coils, increased payload, tune presets that link to steering, exhaust valves, etc.

It is nice to see manufactures making these kind of trucks and not leaving it entirely to aftermarket.

Let them battle

James D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really? Because I am coming to the (disappointing) conclusion that there are fewer young people interested in cars then ever before. I think the overwhelming majority of people wouldn’t know the difference between a Honda Accord vs a Bugatti Chiron.
I think that the majority of kids these days are interested in phones, games, and twitch. I do have a few young guys that work for me though. It’s fun talking about cars and trucks with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.