I Think Ford Might Lose The Battle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DocMarshall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
13-14 if you keep your foot out of it and you are on interstate. Many are getting 8-9 in town, including my buddy that has one. He gets 12-14 on interstate.

DyLivn

Reaction score
So reading between lines...you are soured because you weren't smart enough to get a MSRP deal. Thought well I'll get a TRX at $9200 off to show them. Imagine the trade in on that thing a year from now. Oooffff. Well enjoy it.
What? There is nothing to read between the lines. I plan to order both and then decide. I am simply explaining the different approaches for 2022’s. I have only searched locally at this point for a Raptor at MSRP, but will gladly spread my search just like I did for the TRX order.

I swear some of you guys came out of the womb butt hurt and just looking for something to be negative about. TRX and Raptor are both badass trucks…it’s hard to wrap my head around anybody that is so blinded by brand loyalty that they can’t admit that.

DyLivn

Reaction score
TRX gets like what, 7-9mpg? They look cool but pretty ridiculous as a daily driver.

Assume 15k miles a year and use the EPA avg combined fuel economy of both the TRX and Raptor and you are talking slightly less than $1000 more per year for the TRX. If that is even a blip on someone’s radar for a truck at this price level then they probably can’t afford it in the first place.

BambiKiller

The Stripper Hunter
Reaction score
Quit lying, that's down hill only!

According to the EPA, the 2021 Ram 1500 TRX returns a dismal 10 mpg in city driving, 14 mpg on the highway and 12 mpg combined. Be prepared to budget for premium fuel, too, which the TRX requires.

And this is on a good day!
Lol. They didn’t specify no slope allowed? I don’t know. I get terrible mpg in everything. So 12. It only is turning 1900rpm around 85mph. Raptor is what? 14? I’ll take a v8 with 12 over an ecoboost with 14

BambiKiller

The Stripper Hunter
Reaction score
TRX gets like what, 7-9mpg? They look cool but pretty ridiculous as a daily driver.
Hahaha. Now the criteria is which is the better daily driver because, again, there is no argument. My civic is better than a Lambo because its a better dd!

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Lol. They didn’t specify no slope allowed? I don’t know. I get terrible mpg in everything. So 12. It only is turning 1900rpm around 85mph. Raptor is what? 14? I’ll take a v8 with 12 over an ecoboost with 14
My 2020 gets 19 MPGs.

Johnkn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Quit lying, that's down hill only!

According to the EPA, the 2021 Ram 1500 TRX returns a dismal 10 mpg in city driving, 14 mpg on the highway and 12 mpg combined. Be prepared to budget for premium fuel, too, which the TRX requires.

And this is on a good day!

And the 37 Raptor is rated at 14 city 16 highway 15 combined and to deliver its rated power specs requires premium fuel as well.

So an apples to apples comparison is 12 combined vs 15 combined. The Raptor’s fuel economy is ~25% better than the TRX. Drive either truck hard and you won’t see those numbers, drive them (very) easy and you might exceed those numbers.

Considering the power difference, interior, etc. I sure don’t see a 25% saving in fuel cost being a significant tipping point when you are talking 12 vs 15. If it is, then both are not the right vehicle.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.