I Think Ford Might Lose The Battle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There's enough of a market for pick-ups to satisfy the output of both Ford and Dodge, Ford isn't losing anything. Less and less "cars" are being produced, it's all about SUV's and Pick-up Trucks in North America. You internet warriors claiming Dodge is winning over Ford probably live in your Mommy's basement still, we know @BambiKiller does, lol.

BambiKiller

The Stripper Hunter
Reaction score
There's enough of a market for pick-ups to satisfy the output of both Ford and Dodge, Ford isn't losing anything. Less and less "cars" are being produced, it's all about SUV's and Pick-up Trucks in North America. You internet warriors claiming Dodge is winning over Ford probably live in your Mommy's basement still, we know @BambiKiller does, lol.
Funny. I was in your moms “basement” just the other day…..

2F8C123B-B4A7-43B3-A5AD-CB4FD9EFBA8A.jpeg

DyLivn

Reaction score
I ordered a 22 TRX 4 weeks ago at $9,200 off sticker, but I am still considering a Raptor. Unfortunately finding a dealer that will let me order a 22 at MSRP hasn’t panned out yet.

To the OP point, trying to buy a Raptor has left a lot to be desired. I am impressed with what RAM did on the TRX. They aren’t allowing dealers to place stock orders, but rather it has to be a customer order with name and address. I think this is driving a lot of the deals we are seeing because dealers know some of these people will back out and that means they then have a truck they can sell on the lot for whatever they want.

Also surprised by the continued ignorance here about RAMs being junk. I would agree with this if you go back 5 years or so, but the last 4 years has seen a dramatic improvement and they lead all the quality studies. Currently in a 2018 F150 and let me tell you it has left a lot to be desired in the quality department. Way too many issues and trips to the dealer for a truck that has done 30k miles. I can’t even remember how many recalls my truck has had at this point.

mchurch0211

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford is not losing any battle! They are leading the pack to the future. Here very soon we will see a major transistor to electric. Look around the new hummer and the lightning coming soon. A Ford truck will always be in my garage end of story. Ram is owned by stellantis/fiat (Italian’s). Time will tell how the TuRdX holds up. Also it looks just like a rebel very generic. Have yet to hear anyone say “look at that TuRdX it looks so cool” Every time I see a TuRdX I have to do a double take to see if it is rebel.

G-Train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered a 22 TRX 4 weeks ago at $9,200 off sticker, but I am still considering a Raptor. Unfortunately finding a dealer that will let me order a 22 at MSRP hasn’t panned out yet.

To the OP point, trying to buy a Raptor has left a lot to be desired. I am impressed with what RAM did on the TRX. They aren’t allowing dealers to place stock orders, but rather it has to be a customer order with name and address. I think this is driving a lot of the deals we are seeing because dealers know some of these people will back out and that means they then have a truck they can sell on the lot for whatever they want.

Also surprised by the continued ignorance here about RAMs being junk. I would agree with this if you go back 5 years or so, but the last 4 years has seen a dramatic improvement and they lead all the quality studies. Currently in a 2018 F150 and let me tell you it has left a lot to be desired in the quality department. Way too many issues and trips to the dealer for a truck that has done 30k miles. I can’t even remember how many recalls my truck has had at this point.
Sorry to hear that. ram won the motortrend truck of the year 3 years in a row so they are doing something right. I am not sure how they are holding up a few years in. That has always been the problem.

mchurch0211

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol @ motor-trend they also said the Honda Civic is the best car on the road for 2021 what a joke. They must see what manufacturer pays them the most to win. All about the money. Also

2021 Ford F-150 Named North American Truck Of The Year​

???
Wonder why north American did not vote ram? Hmm

Last edited:

GTTXRAP

Drill Baby Drill
Reaction score

So reading between lines...you are soured because you weren't smart enough to get a MSRP deal. Thought well I'll get a TRX at $9200 off to show them. Imagine the trade in on that thing a year from now. Oooffff. Well enjoy it.

G-Train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol @ motor-trend they also said the Honda Civic is the best car on the road for 2021 what a joke. They must see what manufacturer pays them the most to win. All about the money. Also

2021 Ford F-150 Named North American Truck Of The Year​

???
Wonder why north American did not vote ram? Hmm
For sure but Ford won it for years and it is an added line in commercials to bring in the gullible.

Status
Not open for further replies.