I have a leaking line.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sage

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm not sure what this line is. I noticed the leak (oily dirty line) when I was removing air bags.

I'm not sure what it is or does. Kind a wimpy plastic line. I'm not low on brake fluid. Nearest dealer is 75 miles away.

I need to know what it is and where I could get a replacement.

In the photo (driver's side) it is the closest line. It is the only one leaking.

IMG_20230705_152224048.jpg

OP
OP
Sage

Sage

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Seems like a 1\4" OD soft plastic line is an odd vent size? I haven't gone back under it to trace it out. (98 degrees out there!)

Rosshh

Reaction score
Should go from different ro underside of bed. Mine vents diff fluid if it gets hot and slightly overfilled.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You can extend that line higher into the structure of the bed as well to keep water out of the diff. No need to buy Ford parts to run a vent line either- standard barbs and nylon vaccum tubing is fine.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would be a little more concerned about that kink in the brake line.

Anyway, to me, it looks like he vent tube which is the one going up into the bed rails is spitting out gear oil and dripping on the brake and speed sensor lines (speed sensor (ABS) line is the closet).

Could be time for rear axle fluid change and better pumpkin cover for better cooling and hold more fluid.

Last edited: