I found my Raptor….

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
MarkM98

MarkM98

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Take her to the dealership and let her drive it.
I’ve been trying to do that on some of the other Raptors I’ve looked at in the past. She really doesn’t know what she is missing. If I could get my schedule to sync with my brother who has a 2017 Gen 2 he would let her drive his.

LOUSCRW

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Every relationship is different, hard to give solid advice. All we can offer is our experiences and maybe one fits you situation.

For me, it was easy. She was in the Bahamas on a girls trip. I sent a text “would you be mad if I bought a raptor?” She replied several hours later (when she was back on wifi) with a simple question “so, did you go buy a truck today?” My response to her was “not yet, but I am now”

My wife never tells me “no” bc I would never buy/do something that would jeopardize our financial situation, but I feel I owe her the respect of asking. Likewise, I rarely tell he no as she doesn’t ask for outlandish things.

WestTXRaptor6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife could care less what I buy and I am the same towards her. We have no debt, but even the few times we have financed anything, there was never even a thought to ask permission to do anything. We both respect each other and trust that we will each make sound decisions. You only get one ride on this big ball, enjoy it.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I already got the “if you buy a truck with out me we are done” speech… so I’m leaving that one alone.
You have bigger problems than wanting a Raptor then. You should already have a divorce lawyer, because that’s where it’s headed.

I hate to be a doomsayer and all, but if that’s a direct quote, you already know this, but perhaps don’t want to admit it to yourself. Nobody likes to fail, especially after a really long investment in time, effort and not to mention the emotional investment. So don’t look at it as failure. This is a life lesson; you can either learn from it or not.

You’re already “done”, because women who respect their husbands know better than to drop that line lightly. I say that on year 27.75 of my ’starter’ marriage. There’s give an take in every marriage, and mine has been mostly up - like 90+%. Really, I have little to complain about and I’ve seen some spectacular blow ups from other couples. Happens to us too, very rarely. But the only ultimatums or lines in the sand we draw are health related, doctors orders, etc. Never like you’ve quoted.

I’m genuinely sorry this has come up and will even go as far as to say I hope I’m wrong. But I’m not.

Be strong with the pimp hand...
I’m not sayin’... I’m just sayin.