how to improve ur MPG

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wbimota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i found this vid from youtube and this guy has series of very useful scientific sources.
i know most things from this video, but the last one....i was shocked
That improves MPG for 10 miles and coast little!!!
Check this out and tell me your thoughts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHAUsGlfbx8

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
I don't know about the acetone thing but how in the hell was he getting 17 mpg in that TL? Used to avg. 28 in mine and well over 30 on a trip.
:bs:

AndyR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To quote Adam from Mythbusters:

Adam: "My God! It doesn't work! I can't believe it doesn't work. I found it on the Internet, man!"

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well I started cleaning out the trunk a long time ago looking to save weight in order to help go faster. The end result was a slight in crease in fuel economy. So I always try to keep it clean. I've even pulled out the back seats of the wife's Tahoe....we're not using them and they must weigh 50lbs each. I keep all my tires properly inflated due to safety/traction concerns.

FlounderStalker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I started cleaning out the trunk a long time ago looking to save weight in order to help go faster. The end result was a slight in crease in fuel economy. So I always try to keep it clean. I've even pulled out the back seats of the wife's Tahoe....we're not using them and they must weigh 50lbs each. I keep all my tires properly inflated due to safety/traction concerns.

But now your garage is full of Tahoe seats. Or did you put them on a pair of saw horses on the front porch so you could sit in them in the evenings and drink ice tea?

MarkT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
But now your garage is full of Tahoe seats. Or did you put them on a pair of saw horses on the front porch so you could sit in them in the evenings and drink ice tea?

Hey... be nice! in the first apartment I rented by myself I used the back seats out of my Astro van for living room furniture! (no sawhorses required) Worked well until I could afford a couch and some chairs. :pepper::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Or did you put them on a pair of saw horses on the front porch so you could sit in them in the evenings and drink ice tea?

Nah, my Home Owner's Association wouldn't allow it....and I'm allergic to tea.

Anyhow, I generally keep them wrapped up in 55gl trash bags and in storage but their currently in the luggage closest. I pulled them out a couple of years ago to help haul some kids for a school field trip...small private school. Either way, I'm not taking anything away from the Tahoe, it still has four leather bucket seats and there is only three of us. If I need anymore room, my wife's Enclave holds 6-7 people.

OP
OP
wbimota

wbimota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh.... i thought the Acethon thing is good idea, but also thought there might be a damage. well, if the thing works, why people dont use? lol
Ill just try to run not too fast.