How much longer is a Raptor than a traditional SUV?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stochastics

Reaction score
Hey guys. New member here. I've had my 328xi for 3 years, and while I like it, it isn't the best in the rain. To add to it...I am working in the 5 boroughs of NYC every day and being around huge trailer trucks all day in my little car doesn't make me feel too safe. I've been considering trading my car in for a Ford Raptor but I am unsure if it will be practical in NYC.

In case you don't want to read that....

QUESTIONS

1. How much bigger is the Ford Raptor than a traditional SUV (ie: Ford Explorer...Land Rover...etc)

2. How is the handling? I know it is a truck but I am curious.

3. Any reasons you don't like the Raptor, or regret your decision to buy one?

If anyone has experience driving the Raptor in the 5 boroughs that would be great.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

In case anyone wants to see my current ride...

1441yfp.jpg

Mad Max

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The super cab is going to be pretty close to a large SUV (in today's standard) in length. The crew cab is about an extra foot longer. The width of the Raptor will be wider no matter which you choose between crew or super cab, and also the Raptor is a taller vehicle. Garage parking, street parking, and commercial pay lots, take a bit of extra care - especially in a crew cab...although I can't imagine the super cab would be much more parking friendly.

The handling is very nice for a truck - and even compared to many cars. I guess it depends on your point of reference. It is a very comfortable ride with subtle body roll or brake pitching (when shocks are adjusted to mid-perch especially). The ride is more Cadillac than Corvette, but then again, you wouldn't hit a mound of dirt to go airborn in either of those.

The only regret I have about the Raptor, I didn't buy one sooner. I've owned dozens of trucks, along with several modified Mustangs, Cobra-R's, Lightnings, Vipers, etc... and the Raptor is definitely in my top 5 favorite vehicles to drive and enjoy.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Stochastics

Reaction score
Thanks to everyone for their responses.

I definitely want to get one, but decided that I am going to wait until 2016 to get the new model Raptor.

Thanks again for all the responses, enjoy your bad ass trucks.