How late can you change truck order?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mac_attack

Reaction score
My truck is not scheduled, no VIN, and dealer will not let me change it. Says the computer will not let them add anything to the order

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was able to add items to my order before a VIN was given to me. Of course I had to wait over 3 months from the time I ordered until I got a VIN.

I was not able to change the trim package from 801 to 802 without canceling the order and resubmitting the order, which I did two weeks after the initial order.

I was able to sit down with the salesman and watch when I asked to make the changes.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Your dealer just simply lied to you man. I'm sure I'm not the only person here who changed their order before Vin was issued.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

X2
I changed the color before my vin# was issued.

DocBach

Reaction score
I was not able to change the trim package from 801 to 802 without canceling the order and resubmitting the order, which I did two weeks after the initial order.

I'm actually trying to go the other way. Decided there wasn't anything I really wanted or needed that came with the 802a that I couldn't add to an 801a and save 4 grand. Dealer says it shouldn't be a problem but I guess we'll see.

mac_attack

Reaction score
I'm actually trying to go the other way. Decided there wasn't anything I really wanted or needed that came with the 802a that I couldn't add to an 801a and save 4 grand. Dealer says it shouldn't be a problem but I guess we'll see.

Good luck! We couldn't figure out any other way on the computer to change it.

What put me over was the cooled seats in the 802. My wife has em in her car and I decided my raptor should have em too. I've used em at least a dozen times in the last 6 weeks.

Probably a bigger deal down here in TX though. :biggrin:

DocBach

Reaction score
Good luck! We couldn't figure out any other way on the computer to change it.

What put me over was the cooled seats in the 802. My wife has em in her car and I decided my raptor should have em too. I've used em at least a dozen times in the last 6 weeks.

Probably a bigger deal down here in TX though. :biggrin:

Literally the cooled seats and heated steering wheel were the only thing that made me want the 802a -- don't care for BLIS, the stock Sony system is lame compared to something I could buy from an audio shop. However, I'm in the process of buying a house right now and my lender wants me to pay off some revolving debt before hand, which I was going to use for the down payment for the 802a to get the monthly payments where I wanted them.

Switching to the 801a with the Torsen 4.10 front differential, tailgate step, remote start, LED box lights, the heated mirrors (grumble, $575 upgrade because they make you buy LED spotlights too), spray in liner, trailer break controller and the kicker sub. Comes in at a hair under 60k.