How is Ford going to deliver on the Gen 3 Raptor with this chip shortage?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Other shock, such as US government sanctions on Chinese technology companies had also contributed to the shortage of supply.
Blame Trump!

That doesn't make a whole lot of sense. If you're referring to tariffs, that would have an impact on price, not on supply. At least not anywhere near to what we are seeing here. Really, the reaction to that would be moving manufacturing moving out of China and/or costs being passed on to consumers.

If you actually mean sanctions, I'm not aware of what sanctions we have with China, other than using wireless software and such that would be an actual security threat. That isn't really even about China, IMO, as we shouldn't use any foreign tech where security comes into play, not just China.

Cobraman044

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do not have all details. But this is what was explained to me. All AI type chips are allocated at a pre buy lot number. Ford had a very large lot before COVID. Ford thought sales would be very low and reduced there allotted number of chips to buy in order to save money. From my understanding some other companies jumped on these available numbers. Now FORD cannot get back in line for the additional chips they need. The big buyers for these lately are the graphics card manufactures. I have no idea how this will play out but only so many can be made and now with everything needing some sort of AI for smart learning, who knows.

jjm047

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No joke. Weaponized virus. And they make all your Ford microchips. Wake up
Yeah I mean the published an article in Nature in 2015 basically outlining how they engineered the bat coronavirus to attack human cells. The article is not searchable anymore unfortunately. It was written by scientists at none other than the Wuhan laboratory.

JefferyGT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gain of
Yeah I mean the published an article in Nature in 2015 basically outlining how they engineered the bat coronavirus to attack human cells. The article is not searchable anymore unfortunately. It was written by scientists at none other than the Wuhan laboratory.
Gain of Function research. Brought to you by Dr. Fauci himself by way of WuHan Laboratories. He must not like America or pick-up trucks at least!. Definition of deplorable. Treasonous.

jeanco

2019 scab=gone,24 AMB 801A
Supporting Member
Reaction score
result of 40 years of USA politics,blame as much democrats as republicans!