How easy are these trucks to steal ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

waldoaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Who cares if it gets stolen. That is what insurance is for. The way i see it is that it means a new truck. lol

Just make sure you are insured and insure your aftermarket stuff if you want to be safe.

Don't be that guy caught without insurance. OUCH!!!!

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
I do not want my truck back after it's stolen. They're never quite right after that.

No joke. I got mine back after it got stolen and had been used as a coyote vehicle down on the border, frame was bent right between the bed and the cab (totaled it right there), all my lights had been bashed out inside and out, floor was filled with **** bottles and other random things, weird stains everywhere, it was a mess. I wanted no part of that truck after that.

RAPTERRIER

Full Access On Your Mom
Reaction score
No joke. I got mine back after it got stolen and had been used as a coyote vehicle down on the border, frame was bent right between the bed and the cab (totaled it right there), all my lights had been bashed out inside and out, floor was filled with **** bottles and other random things, weird stains everywhere, it was a mess. I wanted no part of that truck after that.

Not only all of that but with a 5.4 I gotta think that they had the gas pedal to the floor complaining about the lack of power the whole time...:win:

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
If Alexander Litvinenko’s death teaches us anything, it’s that anybody can get got. The same goes for vehicles, minus the polonium. Even an 800 pound Harley can be picked up by 2 able bodied males and shoved into a van in under 20 seconds from doors open to doors closed.

I have a vehicle towed stuck in gear, no problem, taking their time in 5 minutes it was up off the ground on the dolly and ready to roll. Well, 5 minutes from the time payment and paperwork were complete.

The casual joy rider / wannabe will probably have a bit of a more difficult time swiping the newer model until all the factory stuff gets hacked, and figured out. To me the biggest thing is not to make it easy or tempting.
don’t keep stuff in plain sight, even if it’s a stinking gas receipt, put it away. Nothing to look at or see. ( this goes for traffic stops too ). It may be crap to you, but who’s to say it’s not worth something to someone else?

don’t make it easy by leaving the doors unlocked or windows down.

a gps locator like the ‘17+ 802a’s have will be helpful in the immediate aftermath of a tow / theft, so long as it remains active, so time is important. As separate gps locator would not be a bad thing. Enterprising thieves might cut the battery cable but if you have a non vehicle powered unit, well hidden you will have the vehicle’s location for a longer period of time.

This is key because especially urban and suburban police departments could not care less about your stolen property. Hell, you could have relatives in the back of the car and the first words out the PD’s rep’s mouth will be “that’s a civil matter”. It’s not, of course, it’s larceny and felony larceny in many states but getting the PD to do anything about it is like pulling teeth. But, if you have a stolen vehicle and an active pinging gps with the location of the vehicle well, that’s kind of an easy one. It’s not as easy as writing radar and lidar tickets but it’s pretty easy.

Don’t park or leave your Raptor in the hood, ghetto or barrio. Unless you have John Gotti like street cred, just don’t. If you do have such cred, see the opening line.

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I use to work with the Human Smuggling Unit and these load vehicles had a smell to them worse than that of a house with a 2 week old dead body. You could literally smell them walking up to them. I wouldn't want it back either. 18 in a minivan was my record.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
I use to work with the Human Smuggling Unit and these load vehicles had a smell to them worse than that of a house with a 2 week old dead body. You could literally smell them walking up to them. I wouldn't want it back either. 18 in a minivan was my record.

Yup it was pretty damn nasty. I was glad it was totaled. I have no idea how they bent the frame like that but it was bent this way /\ not \/ right behind the cab, had to have been a hell of a hit.

RAPTERRIER

Full Access On Your Mom
Reaction score
Yup it was pretty damn nasty. I was glad it was totaled. I have no idea how they bent the frame like that but it was bent this way /\ not \/ right behind the cab, had to have been a hell of a hit.

Jen I guys should be used to frame bending, either way....:biggrin: