how do you launch this truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
H

highwhey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a knob over the rear diff lock button (in the center of 4WD selection buttons). You can turn that knob actually and it allows you to select diving modes :) Yes you can select sport steering/suspension/exhaust over the steering wheel, but you can only put engine in sport mode using that knob. I do feel launching in sport mode is faster than in normal mode.

thank you. i would have never guessed that was for drive mode. i thought it was to engage diff lol.

icecoldak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anyone offering this? tthe engine subforum for the R is kind of dead, i've been wondering what kind of upgrades besides a CAI people are doing.
Woops didnt realize you had an R!! that will not work---I like the pulley upgrade idea

wazatataza

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does the computer even allow this? My impression was if I changed 4WD mode while on gas, gauge will prompt me to release the gas to continue.
Only to engage, not to disengage. Try it at light throttle and you’ll feel the loss of having to transmit all that extra power to the front and it frees up acceleration.

200.gif

White fog

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my 0-60 was slower then my Gen 2 before I launched with the auto hold. If it senses any brake pressure at all, power will be limited on launch. With auto hold engaged, just punch it in sport mode, 4A for your best launch. Mine was 3 tenths quicker this way.

BIGW0RM

Highest Access Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my 0-60 was slower then my Gen 2 before I launched with the auto hold. If it senses any brake pressure at all, power will be limited on launch. With auto hold engaged, just punch it in sport mode, 4A for your best launch. Mine was 3 tenths quicker this way.
Just to confirm. You are simply letting the auto brake hold, hold the truck still. And you are just MASHING the gas only?