how are your 9.75 rears doing?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gumby

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ya.... the bearings will be timken.(Carrier) Dana/motorcraft.(there all that is made for the pinion)
The entire e locker needs replaced might as well do the Ring/pinion and outer bearings also.(timken) Just not sure if Yukon is the best brand to go with. for the e locker and ring/pinion.
Everything in the rear end was replaced. Carrier, Ring, Pinion, all bearings, etc....

Original batch of bearings were Yukon I believe as they were immediately available. Replacement was Dana/Motorcraft and Timken.

badm0t0rfinger

Rocket Man
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ya.... the bearings will be timken.(Carrier) Dana/motorcraft.(there all that is made for the pinion)
The entire e locker needs replaced might as well do the Ring/pinion and outer bearings also.(timken) Just not sure if Yukon is the best brand to go with. for the e locker and ring/pinion.
Like I said the everything in the axle minus the shafts was replaced under warranty. It would have cost me like 5800 otherwise. Original work was like 2200 which seemed fair, and for them to bite the bullet and say "yeah we should have done this to begin with and we'll make it right".

If the entire e locker needs to be replaced I'd probably try to get a used one out of a wreck and hope for the best, or go new motorcraft.

We had talked about just that and went new. They thought they could probably rebuild everything but once labor is calculated... **** it.

My only regret is I didn't ask for the stuff back because even "bad" locker could have been useful for emergencies or weld it up

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter