Houston we have a problem! (the bent frame thread)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DB06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
10 trucks with bent frames + 1 from the so called pre-run (by my count), that really proved to be not much of a pre-run at all. The aspect of this that keeps getting lost is that if they had of done a good pre-run and marked the trouble spots, slowed down and maneuvered around the problem areas, all of this could have been prevented. Whole thing reminds me of the urban legend about lemmings jumping off the cliff….in this case, outlaw is the first one off and all the chuckleheads just follow suit.

Now, in the threads and discussion, you see potential newbie’s saying they are no longer interested in the Raptor and will cancel orders, some questioning their purchase decisions, some wondering if they should even take their Raptors off-road. It is ridiculous. All the hype is leading people to believe there is a massive issue with all Raptors….not good folks. 11 trucks, same course, same obstacles, same speeds - out of the 1000’s that are out there, many being ridden hard and jumped.

Hyping a “weak link” or “design flaw” to generate revenue for site vendors and create more site traffic may lead to a short-term financial gain, but in the long-term, it is a bad strategy decision if the number of Raptor owners go down due to all the bad press.

If this issue was more widespread and happening with more frequency, I would be concerned. But, it seems to be a self-serving endeavor to get a a few trucks fixed without paying. My Raptor is the best auto decision I have made. Best truck I have ever owned and would never hesitate to recommend it to others.

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There has been another reported bent frame with cracks in the frame. This guy wasn't part of the Outlaw run, instead he bought his Raptot used. He got the idea of checking his frame when he ran across the Z thread on the Internet.

Phyguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
10 trucks with bent frames + 1 from the so called pre-run (by my count), that really proved to be not much of a pre-run at all. The aspect of this that keeps getting lost is that if they had of done a good pre-run and marked the trouble spots, slowed down and maneuvered around the problem areas, all of this could have been prevented. Whole thing reminds me of the urban legend about lemmings jumping off the cliff….in this case, outlaw is the first one off and all the chuckleheads just follow suit.

Now, in the threads and discussion, you see potential newbie’s saying they are no longer interested in the Raptor and will cancel orders, some questioning their purchase decisions, some wondering if they should even take their Raptors off-road. It is ridiculous. All the hype is leading people to believe there is a massive issue with all Raptors….not good folks. 11 trucks, same course, same obstacles, same speeds - out of the 1000’s that are out there, many being ridden hard and jumped.

Hyping a “weak link” or “design flaw” to generate revenue for site vendors and create more site traffic may lead to a short-term financial gain, but in the long-term, it is a bad strategy decision if the number of Raptor owners go down due to all the bad press.

If this issue was more widespread and happening with more frequency, I would be concerned. But, it seems to be a self-serving endeavor to get a a few trucks fixed without paying. My Raptor is the best auto decision I have made. Best truck I have ever owned and would never hesitate to recommend it to others.

^^^^^

Preach it my brother.

OP
OP
H

Highroller

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Well said! I Love my Truck!

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
I posted this on that place...

"wow...is this still going on?

Here are some facts:

-The Raptor is a 6000lb truck with 12/13" of travel...

-My truck has 50,000 miles about 10,000 of which are off-road...

-I have damaged shocks and steering gear that has been replaced under warranty, even with the perch mod. Kudos to Ford because they had it well within their right to deny it.

- There is damage to my cab from the bed hitting the cab...it's pretty obvious I'm not very easy on the truck.

From that I can't see how this is a design flaw...maybe a bad batch of frames but not a design flaw. I, and others out there, would have found out about this long ago.

IMO it's lack of experience and a false sense of security. All vehicles have a limit...you go beyond that limit and you are responsible. Sometimes you will have to pay with your bank account...sometime with your body. After seeing that rear end come up in the vid your lucky you got out under $800...That's a few hundred more than I paid to get my truck pulled out in the middle of the desert by myself! My fault for being alone...the price I pay for having a false sense of security."

aptly that is considered antagonistic and I need to refrain from that kind of post...these guys have some sort of agenda to get Ford. Are these guys for real??

Just in case no one gets to see it before I get banned and the post gets deleted...

"I apologize, apparently this post was considered to be antagonistic. So I am sincerely sorry for stating facts that are contrary to the opinions of BlueSVT and other mods here. I will refrain from any other posts in this thread as I do not want to derail the witch hunt against Ford any further. I guess my experience with my truck in not valuable for any newcomers here to help come to their own conclusion. Have fun with the Kool-aid...."

Last edited:
OP
OP
H

Highroller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There has been another reported bent frame with cracks in the frame. This guy wasn't part of the Outlaw run, instead he bought his Raptot used. He got the idea of checking his frame when he ran across the Z thread on the Internet.

Prove It! Also who's to know what the prior owner did to the truck, thats just all-around a bad assesment!!!!!

19-Kilo

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I talked to SDHQ they said they have been seeing rear raptor frames bending for months... so they did not say it was an isolated incident. When I asked what they saw was causing the bends... they said " mostly when the truck hits jumps too big and comes down too hard "

I did not ask about hitting kickers... but I am sure the same principle applies. Hit a bump to hard, you bend the back frame.

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Prove It! Also who's to know what the prior owner did to the truck, thats just all-around a bad

I'm just posting what was posted by a new member. Sure the truck was abused by the original owner but that doesn't change the possibility of another bent frame Raptor. We asked the guy to post pictures but I haven't checked to see if he has done so yet.

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I posted this on that place...

"wow...is this still going on?

Here are some facts:

-The Raptor is a 6000lb truck with 12/13" of travel...

-My truck has 50,000 miles about 10,000 of which are off-road...

-I have damaged shocks and steering gear that has been replaced under warranty, even with the perch mod. Kudos to Ford because they had it well within their right to deny it.

- There is damage to my cab from the bed hitting the cab...it's pretty obvious I'm not very easy on the truck.

From that I can't see how this is a design flaw...maybe a bad batch of frames but not a design flaw. I, and others out there, would have found out about this long ago.

IMO it's lack of experience and a false sense of security. All vehicles have a limit...you go beyond that limit and you are responsible. Sometimes you will have to pay with your bank account...sometime with your body. After seeing that rear end come up in the vid your lucky you got out under $800...That's a few hundred more than I paid to get my truck pulled out in the middle of the desert by myself! My fault for being alone...the price I pay for having a false sense of security."

aptly that is considered antagonistic and I need to refrain from that kind of post...these guys have some sort of agenda to get Ford. Are these guys for real??

Just in case no one gets to see it before I get banned and the post gets deleted...

"I apologize, apparently this post was considered to be antagonistic. So I am sincerely sorry for stating facts that are contrary to the opinions of BlueSVT and other mods here. I will refrain from any other posts in this thread as I do not want to derail the witch hunt against Ford any further. I guess my experience with my truck in not valuable for any newcomers here to help come to their own conclusion. Have fun with the Kool-aid...."

Perfectly worded B! I can't believe how one sided their argument is over there!!!

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is reposted from the Z forum,

"I will be the bastard here as I can be. I was Truck #1 on the Raptor Run. I did NOT bend my frame. I believe I am the only person who didn't. If Ford fixes these, I will be surprised. Why? The trucks were driven past what they are capable of. You do not buy a GT500 and expect it to drive like a race car, why would you buy a Raptor and expect it to handle and take the abuse of a trophy truck? A few jumps and high speed runs does not mean you put the truck through what we did. While it was not a challenging route we took, we caught quite a bit of air, jumped the road, hit numerous G Outs at faster than anything sensible, hit speeds off road in excess of 125mph (I did) and had a shit load of fun doing so. How were most of the bent frames caused? Inherient weakness in the frame and over driving the truck. Is there mods to fix this for those of you who are scared? Yes. Drive slower in the desert and know the road you are driving. I have had my Raptor rock crawling and off roading in Big Bend National Park, Terlingua and outside of Austin. It performs like a dream. Slow down through the "whoops" and the rest of you will be fine. We'll see how many more (including me) have bent frames at the next Run."

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc