Houston we have a problem! (the bent frame thread)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dataustin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I always get queazy when I see "bent frame" in the thread title and BlueSVT with the last response... ;-) Carry on!

Icecobra

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So far I am at a progressive two cylinder bump stop that as the first one fades the second one really comes on... The first one is fast and the second ones slower acting as you go you hit the first one a lot , the second not so much and yes limit travel up and determine the ideal 0 at which you do not want the bump stop to pass and work backward.. Bed spread seems to be body panel separation and less often seen or felt but I have not talked to everyone yet, number 5 needs input... I look to you guys at outlaw as the game changers and R&D might like to see the ideas in my head..lol... I have a triangle feed /slide system to go between frame rails so as the bump stop is shoved up it pulls in slightly on the frame to stop bed spread... A slight twist on some off road racing trucks I have seen... I once worked for a race team for a couple years and saw a lot of innovative stuff then that's used now on cars... like seatbelts... lol...

---------- Post added at 08:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 PM ----------

Oh and yes watched for about 5 hours and slow motion and watch the behavior of your truck and G's truck on this very subject.... Been getting every piece of evidence I can find... I want to build it bigger better faster....

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Check out the one Icon recently posted about bump stop testing, as they're using a stock spring... crazy how much that baby moves!!!!

Cleave

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think Outlaw makes a bolt-in kit to help prevent the bed spread... and it's only like $200? Nice too, with removable pins, etc.

Haven't seen mine spread, however my frame has been BEEFED up far beyond a stock truck:

d8d2cbd1.jpg

gotta say, DAMN blue, little bit of overkill, but definitely badass

Icecobra

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What I would really like to see is video of both sides at the same time since it is not IRS what happens on one side will effect the other. So all the current video I have seen shows one side... Need to see both sides at the same time...