Houston we have a problem! (the bent frame thread)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Icecobra

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Give feed back please on bump stops if you have them, and if your frame is bent tweaked whatever you want to call it.. I need to know driver side or passenger side or both and pictures would be helpful.. thanks in advance and some ones going to get a free kit out of this... thanks...

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So you're going to introduce ANOTHER bump kit to the market? That will make #6??

I'm curious what you have in mind that differs from what's out there...

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if you weld a piece here and a piece there, and dont forget over there......

actually i heard it was made out of adamantium.......

MotuMute

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So you're going to introduce ANOTHER bump kit to the market? That will make #6??

I'm curious what you have in mind that differs from what's out there...

Sounds like he's exploring extending the reinforcement further along the frame rails in both directions. The frames do get tweaked in these areas with hard offroading. Ice, I applaud you sir!

Icecobra

FRF Addict
Reaction score
More strength, 2 bump stops on each side to stop the frame from folding up since the spring perches get pulled in at the same time the bump stop bottoms out it is like drawing a bow back. Both ends pull down on the center of the frame at exactly the worst possible moment.. Transfer the load of the axle hitting the frame over two directions and counter push the ends the spring back up instead of letting the whole thing reach 0 G which as measured at about 100 times the force of gravity. Splitting in two directions and pre load the two sides of the frame to pull in as they travel up also stops bed spread. right now every kit simply tries to slow the point of impact where the frame bends or for some is bent. Its an idea I have looked and worked on half a dozen frames so far to get ideas.

---------- Post added at 08:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 AM ----------

I have done three bump stop kits, none work exactly right and each kit has a plus and a minus. I am incorporating 4 different designs, 4 bump stops new spring shackles and creating the best of worlds for the Raptor owner. It will address 3 principals of physics that take place all at once and will prevent the as seen damages of the past. It will directly impact the crumple zones, so I have to test a little on my computer as I go. The kit is a ways off and cost will be more than any other kit simply because it will do more and have 4 bump stops.. SO I am looking for people to help show me their frames so I can get measurements and calculate the force of energy to be able to counter that force...

iHaveGas

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I installed the RPG stage 2 and it put my frame back in place or so it looked. This past weekend I was riding it hard and it looks to be bent again or more.

Oh and the tailgate spread is happening too.

As much as I don't like it it felt great doing it and if I had to do it again I would. I bought the truck to use it. Plus it just means I have an excuse to tell the wife I NEED upgrades.

Blind1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
More strength, 2 bump stops on each side to stop the frame from folding up since the spring perches get pulled in at the same time the bump stop bottoms out it is like drawing a bow back. Both ends pull down on the center of the frame at exactly the worst possible moment.. Transfer the load of the axle hitting the frame over two directions and counter push the ends the spring back up instead of letting the whole thing reach 0 G which as measured at about 100 times the force of gravity. Splitting in two directions and pre load the two sides of the frame to pull in as they travel up also stops bed spread. right now every kit simply tries to slow the point of impact where the frame bends or for some is bent. Its an idea I have looked and worked on half a dozen frames so far to get ideas.

---------- Post added at 08:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 AM ----------

I have done three bump stop kits, none work exactly right and each kit has a plus and a minus. I am incorporating 4 different designs, 4 bump stops new spring shackles and creating the best of worlds for the Raptor owner. It will address 3 principals of physics that take place all at once and will prevent the as seen damages of the past. It will directly impact the crumple zones, so I have to test a little on my computer as I go. The kit is a ways off and cost will be more than any other kit simply because it will do more and have 4 bump stops.. SO I am looking for people to help show me their frames so I can get measurements and calculate the force of energy to be able to counter that force...

You really are a Rocket Scientists, but I got to ask what brand of bump stops are you going with? Developing your own? Maybe you can use some “Monster” energy drinks as bump stops! Really Good Luck with this endeavor - sounds like you're thinking outside the box, & I hope it works out like you vision it!