Hot off the presses

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KH4

Reaction score
I hear that the 2 year delay is to make sure that the Cam Phaser issue is ready for new engine....Lol

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I can confirm from my source who spoke to the cousins uncles brother of Bill Ford at the Hockeytown cafe that your sources don't know what they are talking about.

Run and tell that Slappy.....

Oh yeah the Gen 2 Raptor is plenty fast and cool. Although it does seem to run through tires faster than the other ones.
That's because your running class C tires, upgrade to class E, they'll last longer.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’m curious. Since as reported the EB3.5 TT is not listed as a 2021 engine option for the F-150. Does that surely mean if a ‘21 Raptor appears, will it receive the 3.5 Powerboost hybrid? I just saw something on the Limited model and it comes with the 3.5PB Hybrid. This model has received the same motor as the Raptors 3.5 HO in the past. So I find this a sign of things.

Now that doesn’t mean Ford can’t use this hybrid variation, but with even a more powerful electric motor in it for the Limited or Raptor. Nobody has any Real output numbers on it.

Ford can opt for the GT500 engine or 7.3 or ? If they went a whole different route. Just don’t know how likely that is.

If they step back a year and wait to see what the TRX brings out, this can offer a good counter punch.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If they step back a year and wait to see what the TRX brings out, this can offer a good counter punch.

And they would only need to consider a counter punch if TRX shows to be an actual competitive concern.

If Powerboost is a popular and reliable option for the F150, I don't see how it doesn't get included on the Raptor. I think it will. Unless it somehow negatively effects it's ability as an off road vehicle.

MattR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's because your running class C tires, upgrade to class E, they'll last longer.

Is that true? I thought the E rating was an increased sidewall thickness...no change in rubber compound or lug thickness. It would make sense that they would be more puncture resistant and less likely to blowout, but does that decrease the tread wear?

FDHog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Concur. Ford does most of the suspension testing for the Raptor program in my neck of the woods through a 3rd party contractor. I can confirm that the 3rd gen Raptor is in development, and I’ve heard great things.

And what are some of the "great things" you've heard?
Please tell us.

FDHog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Because our Raptors are so wimpy that they can't tow much anyway, so why put a tougher tire on it? ;-D

They really aren't meant for towing. You want to tow, get an F150 eco or 5.0. One type of suspension can't do it all, but a tougher tire would be good for off roading. I ran KO2's on all my Jeeps except once I went with Duratracs. They sucked. Sidewalls aren't strong and they don't stand up to rocks well.

D

Deleted member 17706

Class E or D is what my Gen 1 ran, I am wondering why they went to a class C tire?

Fuel economy—Ford wanted to insure that the Gen 2 got better MPGs than the Gen 1.

That is also why the Gen 2 rear differential fluid is different than the Gen 1 even though both trucks have the same rear end.