Hot off the presses: Part Deux

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FastEddie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't remember, it was 45 years ago and I know Wisconsin like I know the back of your hand. His name was Bob Schattiker(I don't know the spelling). I know that he pulled at the Wisconsin State Fair. It had a big funnel shaped manifold up front with four Holley 850 double pumpers mounted across the top. Exhaust was two big pipes pointed straight up that supposedly shot flames when it was running wide open. No mufflers. It must have been freaking loud.

Edit to add: Pretty funny, I have no idea where he lived, but I can describe the tractor. :)

Edit again: I do remember that Bob lost the farm in one of the recessions, maybe in the '80s. He ended up working for his brother Rollie who started a cow-**** pumping and hauling business after environmental laws forced dairy owners to store their shit in tanks. He'd pump them out and then spray it on fields. He was pretty successful. Rollie was the smart one in that family. Dad had 60 first cousins and they were kinda hard to keep track of ...
I went to Union Grove speedway a few times back in the day to see drag races, tractor pulls, jet and rocket funny cars, etc. One time we somehow stopped by and saw a farmer’s rigs in his barn and he had a V12 tractor pull tractor and some other monsters in there, think multiengine rigs... I remember him firing one up and the racket was incredible.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I went to Union Grove speedway a few times back in the day to see drag races, tractor pulls, jet and rocket funny cars, etc. One time we somehow stopped by and saw a farmer’s rigs in his barn and he had a V12 tractor pull tractor and some other monsters in there, think multiengine rigs... I remember him firing one up and the racket was incredible.

Probably wasn't Bob. He just had the V12 in the barn when I saw it, I only heard about the twin-V8 tractors. When he lost the farm, it probably got sold at auction or he unloaded it to get cash. Or someone else built one. Who knows?