Hood Latch Lever Access

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Don S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did a search and didn't find anything. This may sound silly, but I have fat Flintstone hands and find it very difficult to reach the lever under the hood. I can only get one finger on the lever and it's difficult to manipulate. Has anyone modified the lever...... before I look at doing something with it.

I slid a one inch piece of 3/4" radiator hose over the lever, but it blocked it from moving all the way right to left.

richnot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't like how it was so difficult to get to. I found by raise the hood once you pop the hood release it gives you a little bit more room and along with that I put a slight bend up in the tab and that has helped a lot. I hope this helps you out

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Imagine how dumb I felt upon opening the hood of my M5 after I first got it. Pulled lever inside and could not find a latch under hood even with a fleshlight.

Finally RTFM and saw you pull the inside lever twice. Nice and tidy way to get in.

yes, the under hood lever sucks.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Imagine how dumb I felt upon opening the hood of my M5 after I first got it. Pulled lever inside and could not find a latch under hood even with a fleshlight.

Finally RTFM and saw you pull the inside lever twice. Nice and tidy way to get in.

Why were you trying to find the latch with a fleshlight??!! I thought they normally were used for something very different!

mouth_2.jpg

Traffic22

Full Access Member
Reaction score

One of the greatest features of a BMW. My M235i is the same. So easy, should be mandatory on all cars. Of course the stupid double door pull to open the door and double start button push to turn the car off is annoying as hell.

@Don S What about a zip tie around the latch?