Home link break in risk

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My rule is that if it's parked outside, it does not have a garage door opener. Only vehicles parked in the garage have openers (or a programmed home link) and they are kept inside at all times. You can have all the security stuff you want- but not leaving spare keys outside your house is a basic security principle. A garage door opener is essentially a key.

DRMWVR

Reaction score
I have garage plugged in to programable plug that i shut power off to the opener I use my phone just have to remember to turn off at night

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have garage plugged in to programable plug that i shut power off to the opener I use my phone just have to remember to turn off at night

Pretty good idea. Why just not set it on a timer to turn it off late? Especially if you forget?

Never used the home link opener unless maybe it was switched to the ignition. Big security hole there.

DRMWVR

Reaction score
I need to program it. I also removed the quick release latch cord at front of garage so the thugs cannot break window and pull rope to release, as always the criminals can figure a way in just trying to make it more difficult.

metalwhiz

Reaction score
I need to program it. I also removed the quick release latch cord at front of garage so the thugs cannot break window and pull rope to release, as always the criminals can figure a way in just trying to make it more difficult.

Did exactly the same. Removed pull cord and kill power to opener at night.

Frogger22

“Not all who wander are lost” Tolkien
Reaction score
Wow thanks for this thread boys, I didn’t realize the truck didn’t have to be on to work the garage. I was exposed (not the good kind) and didn’t even realize it