Home link break in risk

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

matrix243

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is home link a problem when it comes to garage break ins? Why did ford wire constant power instead of ignition? Would solve alot of problems.

Neighbor just had their garage broken into using door opener in truck.

mchurch0211

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:greenchainsaw:Well if they did not have home link but had a stand-alone garage opener on the visor they could have done the same thing

DarthKickA55

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it should cut on with ignition - my wife's MB is like that and it is a smart idea.

We have an alarm as well but when we are boondocking w/o cell service (to monitor alarm and cameras) I feel safer in my Raptor (as we do when we boondock) and hers in the driveway.

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder if there is an easy way to switch where it received power from at the fuse block so it would be off with the ignition. My VW Touareg is also power off without the key.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Garage door opening sets off house alarm, house alarm wakes me, Bang, problem solved...

View attachment 151487

I'm with you. A few years ago some local, spoiled, young ******* that enjoyed ******, decided to burglarize most of the homes in my area, except for mine. There aren't that many homes, it's very rural, everyone has at least several acres. Big surprise, I'm the only guy with a very good security system (that I intentionally set off every few weeks for a minute or so), I'm the only guy known for being a "gun nut" and shooting groundhogs out at several hundred yards from my second floor deck. I also enjoy shooting my AR with a Franklin Armory binary trigger off the same deck. The little ****** never came to the crazy old mans house. :happy175:

OP
OP
matrix243

matrix243

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have motion sensor for house alarm and a camera in garage. Just need some more deterents like maybe motion floodlight or video surveillance stickers.